Grandfather rights?

richy_B

31 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

So it's a lesser medical than some, I'll look.

Do you know how soon before  one reaches 70 the medical can be?

For normal D4 medicals for licence applications its 3 or 4 months.

So i would assume the same.

1 hour ago, Justme said:

The restriction re the trailer cant weigh more than the vehicle was removed.

When you pass C1E you get all the lower licences up graded to +E as well. When you did it you would have also got the D1E if you did not already have it. Your D1E is actually better as "weight limit does not apply".

Since he had a pre-97 car licence the +E would have been present already for B, C1 and D1, no trailer test needed, so I'm not sure what you mean by the lower licences being upgraded (I think they would if he had a post-97 licence). The C1E test he took would have eliminated the 107 note.

03/09/2036 will be Khriss's 70th birthday, whereupon he needs a doctor's confirmation he's fit to drive the non-vocational classes, but I can't quite figure out why the C1E expires on 22/02/24, since it should need renewing every 5 years from 50 which means I would have expected it to need renewing on 03/09/21 (at age 55). If Khriss didn't renew it when it is due, then I think that it should revert to C1E(107) and be valid until 03/09/2036.

Some of these dates on licvences tend to be confusing. I have a pre-97 licence which gives be B, BE, C1, C1E(107), D1, D1E(101) all of which expire in 2031 when I am 70. I also have C and CE which I have just had to renew after getting a 60th birthday medical, which expire in 2026. Despite the fact the the C and CE completely trump the C1 and C1E, the C1E still shows the 107 and the 2031 expiry, since it would endure if I didn't renew the C/CE.

12 minutes ago, Treewolf said:

Since he had a pre-97 car licence the +E would have been present already for B, C1 and D1, no trailer test needed, so I'm not sure what you mean by the lower licences being upgraded (I think they would if he had a post-97 licence). The C1E test he took would have eliminated the 107 note.

03/09/2036 will be Khriss's 70th birthday, whereupon he needs a doctor's confirmation he's fit to drive the non-vocational classes, but I can't quite figure out why the C1E expires on 22/02/24, since it should need renewing every 5 years from 50 which means I would have expected it to need renewing on 03/09/21 (at age 55). If Khriss didn't renew it when it is due, then I think that it should revert to C1E(107) and be valid until 03/09/2036.

Some of these dates on licvences tend to be confusing. I have a pre-97 licence which gives be B, BE, C1, C1E(107), D1, D1E(101) all of which expire in 2031 when I am 70. I also have C and CE which I have just had to renew after getting a 60th birthday medical, which expire in 2026. Despite the fact the the C and CE completely trump the C1 and C1E, the C1E still shows the 107 and the 2031 expiry, since it would endure if I didn't renew the C/CE.

I was explaining what would have happened if you had a later licence without the other +E's & that his D1E & BE are better than the new versions after 19-01-2013.

If you have a pre 97 C1 then it expires the day before you are 70.

If you took the test its every 5 years after 55 but they did a covid extension so that can move the dates or just taking a medical late / early.

You still have the c1 107 as that is still valid if you dont take a medical for your CE.

If you now take the C1E you dont get your D1 upgraded to D1E on post 97 licences but you do get BE that you can keep at 70.

If you take CE you do get the E added to any of theses you already hold, B D1 C1 & D.

I actually dont know what would happen if you did B the C then CE, you would get BE but if you then did D1 or D. Not sure if they would give you D1E or DE or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justme said:

For normal D4 medicals for licence applications its 3 or 4 months.

So i would assume the same.

Thanks, I've possibly left it a bit late, will look into it a bit more but not too worried as I'll still have the trailer and bike categories which I will use.

• Like 1