Grandfather rights?

richy_B

20 minutes ago, Canal Navvy said:

At the time the letter came round I was driving a 7.5 tonne lorry and towing a two tonne generator, the letter went to the keeper of the vehicle who misread it and just told us to stop towing ☹️

Thats odd as I got the letter and only owned a small car.

16 hours ago, Stubby said:

Its a plastic photo card license but when i got it I was pretty much un aware of any of these classes . It was 1970 when I passed my car test and 1969 when I passed my motorcycle test ( on a 250 ) .  The license at the time was a little red book  with a crown on the front .

Then you have the 107.

My old license (paper) did not have the 107 restriction.  

I moved house and just before I sent my license in to get the updated information, I checked online.  There was no restriction at all.  So I printed out screen shots and then sent my license in as I had reason to believe they would strip it, even though they assured me beforehand I would have exactly the same categories once the paper was upgraded to the photo card.

It came back with the plastic photo card and the 107 restriction had been applied.  I spoke to them and they denied it and insisted it had always been on there database.  Even when I sent copies of the screenshot they still wouldn’t have it.  I drove 7.5t lorries and heavy trailers at the time as well.  They just refused to comply or admit.

I raised it further and even got a transport consultant involved and he helped me draft a letter to the Head of DVLA, complaining.

Absolutely no luck at all.  They were just in refusal mode.

I eventually moved and left the UK and let the matter drop.

19 hours ago, Stubby said:

Its a plastic photo card license but when i got it I was pretty much un aware of any of these classes . It was 1970 when I passed my car test and 1969 when I passed my motorcycle test ( on a 250 ) .  The license at the time was a little red book  with a crown on the front .

In Latin.... So i passed a trailer test in a 7.5 tonner, 2004, got car license 1984 looks like this, which got told was 7.5 ton plus half yr gross vehicle on yr trailer, by the instructor 

IMG_20210601_171133.jpg

36 minutes ago, Khriss said:

In Latin.... So i passed a trailer test in a 7.5 tonner, 2004, got car license 1984 looks like this, which got told was 7.5 ton plus half yr gross vehicle on yr trailer, by the instructor 

IMG_20210601_171133.jpg

The restriction re the trailer cant weigh more than the vehicle was removed.

When you pass C1E you get all the lower licences up graded to +E as well. When you did it you would have also got the D1E if you did not already have it. Your D1E is actually better as "weight limit does not apply".

• Thanks 1

On 31/05/2021 at 19:07, Stubby said:

Mine has not got 107 anywhere on it . 

When I changed to a French licence I automatically recieved the C1E without any tests apart from a rudimentary medical.

Lucky me.

Stuart

16225684019266515184025913305076.jpg

Edited by Ty Korrigan
  • Like 2