mitsubishi shogun 3.2 auto mpg

miker

Looking maybe to buy a low mileage shogun 3.2 auto, are the mpg figures really bad ? i know its a big old heavy dated 4x4 but can i achieve 30 mpg with a lightish right foot ? i wont be towing and will drive a mixture of motorway and rural with some off road in the winter

Just wondering if anyone on here has one or can give me some feedback, 

Also considering a 67 reg l200, again realistic mpg figures if anyone can comment

Cheers me dears

Mike

2 hours ago, miker said:

Looking maybe to buy a low mileage shogun 3.2 auto, are the mpg figures really bad ? i know its a big old heavy dated 4x4 but can i achieve 30 mpg with a lightish right foot ? i wont be towing and will drive a mixture of motorway and rural with some off road in the winter

Also considering a 67 reg l200, again realistic mpg figures if anyone can comment

Cheers me dears

Mike

I had a 54 plate l200 and that was pathetic on fuel best i ever got out of it was 29 mpg and that was on a 300 mile + round trip and mostly A roads and motorway, put a trailer behind it and it was down in to the teens, Now run a 3.2 05 plate shogun and its noticably better than the l200 even just knocking about round home, i would say average is in the region of late 20s, the big thing i found the l200 sat at 65mph was reving its nuts of at 3000rpm shogun at same speed is about 1400rpm, and the performance diffrence is miles apart l200 0-60 you need a calender and shogun gets there on a stop watch, shogun id very good to drive with plenty of toys if you like that sort of thing only thing i use is heater and radio + heated seats when its cold,,

• Like 1

We had a 2005 (the bubble arch one) shogun for a few year, cracking truck. Averaging mid 20s with a mix of local work and towing. High 20s to 30 on a good mainland run. If it was just towing all week it would be down to 16-17mpg ( I do drive with a quite a heavy right foot)
We only got rid as the gearbox went bang and we were to busy to repair it.

I had a 2002 L200 briefly the fuel consumption was really bad and the turning circle was about the same as a container ship. Hated the bloody thing.

I rarely get more than 21mpg from mine, long motorway rides behind a truck give me 26, but then your shoes are far away from ever touching the pedal.

When I tow the 3t tipper with branches and stuff, it's regulary about 18mpg. The enclosed 3t plant trailer drops me to 12mpgs, which somehow hurts a little compared to a tiny lorry.

As a daily onroad driver, 6.5 from 10. Regarded as a combined ute and family van, solid 8.5 as it's really handy to have in any situation.

Can't see any reason to waste money on vehicles like these if they're not earning a dime pulling trailers, taking you into the deepest forests or into the outback. 

9 hours ago, miker said:

Cheers me dears

Mike

I,ve had two,and they are not good,towing i was always down to 16/18 and lucky to get 23/24 not towing and not going over 60 mph

I have a 2010 3.2 LWB Shogun,  and I love it. I tow my Logbullet around with it, and it'll drop below 20mpg at times. 

I have had mine breathed upon though, so now returns 240bhp and 500nm torque vs standard.

Mega truck, I really rate it. And I like to refer to the fuel consumption as smiles per gallon 😄