Biggest C*ck ups on quotes...

Clutchy

7 hours ago, woody paul said:

If you got plenty of work going in high is not the answer

Why? 

Anyway 

Managed to get the OP done in 2 days fortunately, still didn't get home until 10pm as there was an emergency call out as soon as we got to the yard at 5pm 🥵. Quoted on an hourly call out rate plus initial attendance fee and said I have no idea how many hours it will take (first time ever, normally just quote high from a pic, but couldn't see what was going on with the trees).

Anyway, he said my rate was fine and then used the word Prima facie: 

adjective

'based on the first impression; accepted as correct until proved otherwise'

Had to look it up to know what it meant, will be using that as a caveat with any quotes based off of pictures from now on.

Every day is a school day 

• Like 1

On 26/05/2021 at 22:23, Tommy_B said:

Did a conifer hedge removal where we checked the stems, looked up into it (as much as possible) thought it was ok. Went to do it and cut the first ones out and found the previous reductions were laying in the middle. Pretty much doubled the volume and could have cried chipping up loads of dead, black wet conifer. Grim 

I’ve had that, it was the do as you likeys who’d done it according to the client, standard practice.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

it was the do as you likeys

They're causing non-tree related carnage around me at the moment. Stormed a local rugby pitch, shit all over it then did handbrake turns and tore it up with SUV's. Ripped all the signage down and then smashed all the charity donated AED stuff off the walls. 

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

They're causing non-tree related carnage around me at the moment. Stormed a local rugby pitch, shit all over it then did handbrake turns and tore it up with SUV's. Ripped all the signage down and then smashed all the charity donated AED stuff off the walls. 

They came down the track near my log pile then drove through a gap into a field of linseed and did endless " dough nuts " on quad bikes .  I thought they had destroyed the crop but amazingly it seems to have recovered and is now flowering ! 

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

yeah, that’ll be them.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

yeah, that’ll be them.

I really don't get it. I get that they obviously get off on being dirty scum but why not just book into a holiday park and enjoy a trip away. I also don't get why the authorities are so afraid to do anything. 

Edited by Paddy1000111

11 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

It's a hell of a lot more ballanced with the 30 on. Wanted a 36 but bought a 30 off Ratman on here. I have a 42 but I didn't have it with me as at the time I was going to sell it, it's really nose heavy and not nice to use. The 881 feels like a chainsaw should with a 30"bar on, I don't have to fight it up onto timber. 

Had to have my 880 rebuilt after it seized. Took down a Silver Birch with a bog trunk this week so took the 880 out just to keep it running. 36 inch bar on it (48 inch in the workshop) and 36 inch bar on the 660. Just so nice to have all that power to cut through a gnarly crotch, felt well balanced, no complaints at all. Would have been if needed 48 inch bar on the ropes, aka declined to quote!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Is this Topsham?

• Like 1