Biggest C*ck ups on quotes...

Clutchy

Did a conifer hedge removal where we checked the stems, looked up into it (as much as possible) thought it was ok. Went to do it and cut the first ones out and found the previous reductions were laying in the middle. Pretty much doubled the volume and could have cried chipping up loads of dead, black wet conifer. Grim 

Priced a job many years ago in a thunderstorm- fell all marked pines. Saw the half a dozen and priced for a couple of days. I did not walk further through the property to find the other dozen 🙁 

got out of jail by there being an Arctic full of timber !!!

7 minutes ago, Tommy_B said:

Did a conifer hedge removal where we checked the stems, looked up into it (as much as possible) thought it was ok. Went to do it and cut the first ones out and found the previous reductions were laying in the middle. Pretty much doubled the volume and could have cried chipping up loads of dead, black wet conifer. Grim 

Removed 3 conifers like that 2 loads turned into 3, conifers have got to be the worst to judge about volume. 

O hell got one to top tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Clutchy said:

Yeah definitely prefer removals.

Especially as customers so often want a 20 meter tall Conifer hedge reduced to 7 meters but 'I still want it to look nice' - well you can't 😂

So much chip comes off them as well

Always advise 'removal' they are a waste of chlorophyll. K

quoted for a leylandii removal. Thought it would be about a day but it was dense. What looked like a relatively simple job became choging down 3 main sections that were about 16" where they joined the main section. Felled the last 18ft it was around 48" at the base, had to go in from two sides with the 881 and the 30" bar. Got it all down in a day but had to go back for half a day of more clean up, so much kack45712425_Screenshot_20210526-2210042.thumb.png.b25b1a86b69b5ec8f3c8eef0692160f2.png

Edited by Paddy1000111

Not my worst cock up but almost finished a line of connies remove and grind. Was undercut on my already reasonable price but negotiated a midway deal as they know my work and trust me and arranged for some log goblins to clear all the logs. Put it as 5 days for two of us - wrong ☹️
Done 6 days so far and got 6 more stumps to grind tomorrow morning - horrible soil, full of stones, on my 3rd set of teeth after 17 stumps.

plus point is I picked up two jobs from neighbours at a better rate 👍

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If anyone in the tree work game tells you they’ve never underestimated, they’re either lying or haven’t been doing it for very long.
Personally I’ve had a few, with one years ago that,as cock ups go, was about the biggest one since Dunkirk, but I’m not going into that now.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, oldwoodcutter said:

If anyone in the tree work game tells you they’ve never underestimated, they’re either lying or haven’t been doing it for very long.
Personally I’ve had a few, with one years ago that,as cock ups go, was about the biggest one since Dunkirk, but I’m not going into that now.

Think we have all been there at some point and its soul destroying