Nail gun for fencing

steve@black

air nail gun all day. coil of nails not silly strips  and you wont have arms like popeye using the horrible electric guns.  

I use the dewalt 54v cordless compressor and a tacwise coil nailer.

Tacwise_Conical_Mini_Coil_Nailer_DCN50LHH2_240x.jpg?v=1541072912

MYTOOLKIT.CO.UK
Description Mini in size but not in power… The Tacwise 2.1 Conical Mini Coil Nailer is an air-powered tool that drives...    

the paslode has its place but thats not near fencing.

The Electric Nailers are not that heavy. Maybe they are aimed at men and not little boys?

I’d sooner have a little more weight than have to hump around a compressor all day long and fight with an airline.

That toytown tool in the link only drives nails upto 50mm as well. Hardly any use for fencing. Skirting boards maybe. 🤷‍♂️

Each to their own of course.

7 minutes ago, donnk said:

air nail gun all day. coil of nails not silly strips  and you wont have arms like popeye using the horrible electric guns.

I use the dewalt 54v cordless compressor and a tacwise coil nailer.

MYTOOLKIT.CO.UK

Description Mini in size but not in power… The Tacwise 2.1 Conical Mini Coil Nailer is an air-powered tool that drives...

the paslode has its place but thats not near fencing.

Very similar to the sponail guns but fixings are cheaper at spotnails normally 

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

The Electric Nailers are not that heavy. Maybe they are aimed at men and not little boys?

I’d sooner have a little more weight than have to hump around a compressor all day long and fight with an airline.

That toytown tool in the link only drives nails upto 50mm as well. Hardly any use for fencing. Skirting boards maybe. 🤷‍♂️

Each to their own of course.

You never used one have you and here you go spouting tosh again. That gun in pic is perfect for feather boarding and for the record i have both guns and a paslode 

it really depends, on fencing where a lot of nails will be used the air nailer at 1/4 the weight and 4x the nail capacity really is much better. you only need to move the compressor every 10m the nailer stays hooked on the belt.

I have the dewalt first fix and it lives in the shed. too heavy with the start of arthritus. The pas 360 is just a better machine and lighter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, donnk said:

it really depends, on fencing where a lot of nails will be used the air nailer at 1/4 the weight and 4x the nail capacity really is much better. you only need to move the compressor every 10m the nailer stays hooked on the belt.

I have the dewalt first fix and it lives in the shed. too heavy with the start of arthritus. The pas 360 is just a better machine and lighter.

Paslode is my no 1 if on site but air coil guns have their uses and fencing for speed unreal 

I’ve always used 1.5” rails. 50mm nails would not be enough penetration for me.

My father-in-law is 70 this year and uses the DeWalt all day long. So unless you’ve a medical condition then a little more weight is a good trade off for a lot more power and freedom.

I imagine the Op will want a tool that allows him to do light and more heavy duty fencing. If he only wants one tool then a battery Nailer is a no brainier.

its nails as much as weight that decided it for me.

paslode stainless nails box of 1100+gas is £100.

coil nails for the air nailer 14000 nails is £262 or £1000 cheaper than using the same amount of pas nails.

You never used one have you and here you go spouting tosh again. That gun in pic is perfect for feather boarding and for the record i have both guns and a paslode 

You have no idea what I have in my shed and workshop Leslie.

Feather boarding, yeh, might be ok for that. And when the op wants to put up something more substantial?

I sold the Paslodes, outdated these days.

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I’ve always used 1.5” rails. 50mm nails would not be enough penetration for me.

My father-in-law is 70 this year and uses the DeWalt all day long. So unless you’ve a medical condition then a little more weight is a good trade off for a lot more power and freedom.

I imagine the Op will want a tool that allows him to do light and more heavy duty fencing. If he only wants one tool then a battery Nailer is a no brainier.

38mm full head are more than enough for feather edge boards. For gravel boards I use the pas with 63mm

• Like 1