Timberwolf tw160ph help

Nick703

Advice please, I have a gravity fed 20hp chipper that will eat large chunks of wet conifers or anything else but obviously no feed rollers,I’ve been approved finance on a new tw160 or GreenMech 130,will these machines pull in chunks of privet hedge? Conifer and hawthorn hedging with minimal chopping up? I’m not interested in feeding 5-6in poles threw it , more interested in what they will handle and not handle brash wise,I’ve watched most reviews on YouTube of the guys feeding twigs through them an seem to find myself shouting at them ,they walk up to the chipper with a arm full of branches an then feed them one at a time, my machine will handle a good pile of brash in one go if can fit down the hopper . Thanks 

Anything with twin feed rollers will handle material much better than a gravity feed and will be less labour intensive on the operator. 

We are a GreenMech dealer so we of course favour them! We sell the Arb 130 against the TW160 week in week out. Both are good machines. Sometimes we will win the business, sometimes we won't. 

We do have quite a bit "more" as standard on the Arb 130 than what comes on the TW160. We have a 6" x 9" infeed throat, LED lights, locking hitch, full overrun brakes with handbrake, full engine bonnet, drop discharge chute, auto tensioned flywheel belts, latching out of the flywheel for blade changes and adjustable drawbar. This does all come in at a bit extra weight so the Arb 130 is heavier than the TW160. Both still sub 750kg and both use the same Honda 23hp engine.

Price from experience is usually within £500 of each other. Both will serve you well!

We have a demo Arb 130 in our depot if you're in the south and want to see it in action? 

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

Anything with twin feed rollers will handle material much better than a gravity feed and will be less labour intensive on the operator. 

We are a GreenMech dealer so we of course favour them! We sell the Arb 130 against the TW160 week in week out. Both are good machines. Sometimes we will win the business, sometimes we won't. 

We do have quite a bit "more" as standard on the Arb 130 than what comes on the TW160. We have a 6" x 9" infeed throat, LED lights, locking hitch, full overrun brakes with handbrake, full engine bonnet, drop discharge chute, auto tensioned flywheel belts, latching out of the flywheel for blade changes and adjustable drawbar. This does all come in at a bit extra weight so the Arb 130 is heavier than the TW160. Both still sub 750kg and both use the same Honda 23hp engine.

Price from experience is usually within £500 of each other. Both will serve you well!

We have a demo Arb 130 in our depot if you're in the south and want to see it in action? 

Thanks for the reply,the 130 dose have extra features but is £1500 more than the tw160