Blower non start

openspaceman

16 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Have you checked the ring is loose in the groove? I had one once where the ring was a bit stuck. I just freed it up carefully and it was enough to make it run again.

I'll pass on the suggestion but not seen it myself as he is a fir way from me.

2 hours ago, spudulike said:

Have you checked the ring is loose in the groove? I had one once where the ring was a bit stuck. I just freed it up carefully and it was enough to make it run again.

Hi, I am the owner of the blower and you are right about the ring, however ( I nearly said my ring was loose then) The ring was free in the groove and the gap had opened up to about the limit, so a new ring may have cured it. It was barely adequate for the job anyway, so I have treated myself to a new backpack blower.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Deafhead said:

Interesting, but the innards have got Husqvarna written on them 

Was in jest - bought a McCulloch blower last year, much better than the rake of crappy old Stihl blowers have used in the past, and it does look Husqvy parts. K

1 hour ago, Deafhead said:

Hi, I am the owner of the blower and you are right about the ring, however ( I nearly said my ring was loose then) The ring was free in the groove and the gap had opened up to about the limit, so a new ring may have cured it. It was barely adequate for the job anyway, so I have treated myself to a new backpack blower.

best put it all in a box and keep it for me then.

Silica bore cylinder and chrome ring, the ring peg is in the centre of the ring groove so the ring gap is normally quite large, the biggest problem I saw was the base gasket blowing out, he may not have seen this if he just whipped the cylinder off, just rebuild with new gaskets and she will probably run.

1 hour ago, adw said:

Silica bore cylinder and chrome ring, the ring peg is in the centre of the ring groove so the ring gap is normally quite large, the biggest problem I saw was the base gasket blowing out, he may not have seen this if he just whipped the cylinder off, just rebuild with new gaskets and she will probably run.

Good point, but the base o ring gasket is in fine shape. The ring pushes easily into the bore so its either lost tension or worn out.

1 hour ago, adw said:

Is the ring common to any Husky models?