wanted Wholesale bulk loose firewood or roundwood.

AndyChalmers

We are having a rethink this season.  Instead of using out own woodland timber (running low plus a few issues).  I am thinking about buying in about 50ton of firewood.  Whats the going rate please for already processed green or seasoned?  and anyone interesting in the north yorkshire area?  The quotes I have had seem high too me, so if not reasonable I'll just buy in round lengths and process ourselves.  Anyone got any of that?  I can have collected.  thanks in advance.

Edited by AndyChalmers

13 hours ago, gdh said:

We're selling kiln dried for £70+vat collected per cube. Fresh probably £65 for 9inch. 

That's in mid Wales but seems to be the going rate for the bigger companies.

thank you for your reply.  That sounds more reasonable however 1 company quoted me £90 cube plus vat + del = £113 delivered (kiln dried mixed HW).  Im araid I carnt work on that. 

Edited by AndyChalmers

Hardwood is like rocking horse **** in the North at the moment as such I wouldn't blame anyone for selling at £90a cube + delivery. Its been a manic season and anyone would be daft to not get as close to retail as possible given the level of demand.

I've been quoted upwards of £85 a ton plenty of times this season for fresh felled.

Have you tried Vicarys over in East Yorkshire?

2 hours ago, AndyChalmers said:

thank you for your reply.  That sounds more reasonable however 1 company quoted me £90 cube plus vat + del = £113 delivered (kiln dried mixed HW).  Im araid I carnt work on that. 

Yeah, that's way more than our retail. A few people advertise on here if it's any help. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1697414473879816/?ref=share

• Like 1

On 24/05/2021 at 12:48, AndyChalmers said:

Thats sounds like a retail price you have been quoted and on the high side in my view. I'm with gdh on price for none kiln dried wood at £65/m3 bulk collected for hardwood, seasoned/semi-seasoned or fresh as available but too far from North Yorkshire and going to need everything produced so far this year to meet orders for coming autumn/winter.

• Like 1

We are having a rethink this season.  Instead of using out own woodland timber (running low plus a few issues).  I am thinking about buying in about 50ton of firewood.  Whats the going rate please for already processed green or seasoned?  and anyone interesting in the north yorkshire area?  The quotes I have had seem high too me, so if not reasonable I'll just buy in round lengths and process ourselves.  Anyone got any of that?  I can have collected.  thanks in advance.
Where abouts in North Yorkshire?
We may have a decent amount of timber coming from a job.