Log splitter

Lfservices

Hi. I have a kinetic (electric) splitter and wanted to upgrade to a bigger model which ran on petrol a couple of years ago, but the only supplier I could find imported his from China, (it was called a Hornet) and only when someone wanted one. He also said that they did not conform to UK standards. Needless to say I didn’t go for it and got a hydraulic instead.

Have to say I still use the kinetic a hell of a lot when the logs are the right size. It’s only 7 ton, but it does pack a punch and for smaller stuff it is far quicker.

Only thing I’ve found is the rams aren’t really built to last - the steel isn’t hard enough, but I have a friend who fabricated some spares for me.

I got mine from logmaster. The portek ones seem to have a better after sales service and having bought my hydraulic splitter from Rock, I’d look at their kinetic splitter. All of these are electric though.

You definitely need some form of table to use them on as they are very low and a killer on the back - I just have a stack of pallets screwed together with a wooden rail at the front to stop the machine falling off.

• Thanks 1

i've got one of these and love it. however, i only do about 30 cube of wood a year so its not as if i thrash it all day every day so can't comment on how it would hold up going all day every day. briggs engine though

split cycle is 3 seconds and doesn't stop over much

i stacked a pile of rounds next to me last time and went pretty full on and filled a ton bag in 15 mins 

incredibly good on fuel, 4l tank and you'll struggle to get through more than 6 litres a day.

With its patented design, the Jansen FS-35Speed flywheel wood splitter constitutes a revolution in wood splitting. It would be virtually…

Edited by Stihl123
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Stihl123 said:

i've got one of these and love it. however, i only do about 30 cube of wood a year so its not as if i thrash it all day every day so can't comment on how it would hold up going all day every day. briggs engine though

split cycle is 3 seconds and doesn't stop over much

i stacked a pile of rounds next to me last time and went pretty full on and filled a ton bag in 15 mins 

incredibly good on fuel, 4l tank and you'll struggle to get through more than 6 litres a day.

With its patented design, the Jansen FS-35Speed flywheel wood splitter constitutes a revolution in wood splitting. It would be virtually…

Where did you get one from ? Jansen said they won’t ship to uk 

2 hours ago, Lfservices said:

Where did you get one from ? Jansen said they won’t ship to uk 

I did some research on these, although i haven't bought one yet Luke from stubbings-bros in the Isle of wight was v helpful on a Jasen hydraulic reckoned only a couple of weeks to ship from Jansen.

18 hours ago, NJA said:

I did some research on these, although i haven't bought one yet Luke from stubbings-bros in the Isle of wight was v helpful on a Jasen hydraulic reckoned only a couple of weeks to ship from Jansen.

Stubbings are a nice bunch