Adding to my car license but what to get?

GLynch

21 hours ago, Justme said:

You seem to be confusing C1 with class one.

If you have BE then take C1 7500kg you can still only tow 750kg with eth C1.

Dont take BE take C1 & then C1E you then get BE as well FOC.

Class 1 is a lorry up to 32000kg towing a trailer over 750kg up to a 44000kg GTW unless you also hold an STGO

I already have BE so it’s a double cost to upgrade C1E, typically 🤔

2 hours ago, Wonky said:

Just asking justme 

So  what licence  do you need to pull a 1.5 t trailer with  the trannie  or a land rover  when you say with a c1  all you can tow is 750kg 

A C1 does not cover driving those vehicles.

Your B licence does, To tow with them you need BE.

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

I am an old git so I can tow a space shuttle with a moped . Does that make seance ?  Probably not but that is the way it is . Get your training , It will benefit you in the end .

But not tow much with a C1E 107 ;)

Plus lots with the C1E 107 are still driving illegal as like all licences its based on plated weights not actual weights. So if the trailer is a 3500kg one the vehicle cant be plated more than 4750kg.

1 hour ago, Will C said:

I already have BE so it’s a double cost to upgrade C1E, typically 🤔

Sadly yes.

Thats why I try to find out if they plan to do C1 later.

Lots do plan too but need the E now so suck up the extra costs / test.

• Like 1

As an employer with 7.5 ton trucks, 3.5 ton trucks, sub 750kg chippers and bigger chippers. Some drivers with grandfather rights, some with trailer licence, some with out. It can be challenging sorting crews..

It is a big investment putting an employee through c1+e..

Having c1+e is an asset as long as you can actually drive the truck.. (I have had employees with the license who wouldn't drive the trucks)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, benedmonds said:

1, As an employer with 7.5 ton trucks, 3.5 ton trucks, sub 750kg chippers and bigger chippers. Some drivers with grandfather rights, some with trailer licence, some with out. It can be challenging sorting crews..

2, It is a big investment putting an employee through c1+e.

1, So you have to watch the ones with C1E 107 & the bigger chippers as they will be over their licence limits.

2, For the full shebang about £1500 starting with car licence to finish with C1E inc medicals test fees & courses.

If they already have C1E 107. To remove the 107 would cost £840 as they still need medical & theory / hazard.

Plus £220 if you need DCPC again inc test fees courses & use of vehicle. If they are keen self learners then you could just pay the test fees of about £90 & use your own vehicle. The two tests are not hard but do need effort.

12 hours ago, Justme said:

But not tow much with a C1E 107 ;)

Plus lots with the C1E 107 are still driving illegal as like all licences its based on plated weights not actual weights. So if the trailer is a 3500kg one the vehicle cant be plated more than 4750kg.

On my licence it says  AM , A1 ,A2 ,A ,B1 ,C1, C, D1, D, BE, C1E, CE, D1E ,DE, and f/k/i/n/p/q   Whatever that means !

28 minutes ago, Justme said:

2, For the full shebang about £1500 starting with car licence to finish with C1E inc medicals test fees & courses.

If they already have C1E 107. To remove the 107 would cost £840 as they still need medical & theory / hazard.

You are considerably cheaper then what we pay for C1+E.. I think we have  paid closer to £3,000.. and that's if they pass first time. 

33 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

You are considerably cheaper then what we pay for C1+E.. I think we have  paid closer to £3,000.. and that's if they pass first time. 

Are you confusing C1E with CE?

C1 does not = Class one.

Be cheaper to send them here & pay travel / accommodation costs ;)