Trakmet

Johnsond

Just now, thomasvdb7 said:

Thanks, I may well do (i'm already in contact with him) but wanted to hear feedback from an owner who has no interest in selling them! :)

To be honest if i was buying that one dave is using i would be flying up and trying it for myself if he was ok with it. That is the real deal for a mobile mill and i have used the one pawl has in his place.Its a monster of a saw.

Just now, thomasvdb7 said:

Fair enough. It's a crazy wait for them at the moment. Earliest delivery date if an order was placed now would be Feb next year. 

Never asked dave on price but i should imagine upwards of 15K. The quality on the trakmet saws are superb tom. Have you looked at the logosol options or woodmizer ? 

£15k, that would be a steal- I'd drive into europe for that price. What I've priced up- which is pretty similar is £24k+VAT. I don't like the woodmizer offering and logosol don't have a hydraulic option otherwise I would be going for that instead as wait times a much less. A B1001 will cut about 850mm  and a wide head on this machine will cut just over a meter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thomasvdb7 said:

£15k, that would be a steal- I'd drive into europe for that price. What I've priced up- which is pretty similar is £24k+VAT. I don't like the woodmizer offering and logosol don't have a hydraulic option otherwise I would be going for that instead as wait times a much less. A B1001 will cut about 850mm  and a wide head on this machine will cut just over a meter. 

Its the best mobile saw i have seen to be honest. Dave seems to have covered every option for a mobile mill and only thing you could say its limited to 4.8m but knowing him you could set it up with extension tracks.Very well thought out and credit ware credit is due. 

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

Woodmizers seem to last forever, plenty of 20-30 year old beat-up Mizers still earning their keep. But they are also have serious lead times just now as well. If I had the coin I’d certainly not rule them out.

Logosol don’t really do hydraulics yet, which is a shame. But the B1001 is significantly cheaper than £24k plus vat. They are also very well made with first rate support. Two year almost no quibble parts replacement and prompt delivery direct from Sweden. They also have two or three dealers/stockists in the U.K. But forget the Welsh Dealer, totally useless.

Dave said he’ll pop down with his machine soon. Really looking forward to it. Got a few nice big lumps to put through it. [emoji16] Just need to entice him with some oak. [emoji16]
  • Like 1