Phone calls have dropped off a cliff

Clutchy

Slowed right down to a drip for us too. Change of restrictions bound to have a knock on effect as things open up - well that’s hopefully what it is. Few friends of mine not getting much come through either, so your not alone!

• Like 1

Restrictions lifting so people are thinking of going to the pub/holidays/friends etc

Weddings catching up from the last year - takes peoples money

Crap wet weather of late, less people in their gardens deciding said tree is blocking their sun.

Huge influx of new companies plus firms doing more full landscaping jobs and bigger ones, i’ve gone from getting decking and pergola enquiries to garden rooms (£2k to £20k job jump!)

Tree enquiries have quietened off but i’ve not chased them, more money in landscaping and less extra work (one quote not 5 for a week or mores work) diary fills faster doing 1-2wk long jobs

Less people on Furlough so less at home staring at the overgrown back garden...

14 hours ago, Clutchy said:

We are looking to move the ad words in house or off to somewhere where we have more control of the budget. 

Currently we spend around 1.2k plus vat a month for a landing page unrelated to our actual website. A company  handles all of this and in turn i just get calls and emails from it. 

I know the leads are from them as it plays a special tone when i answer the call.

For example www.treesurgonsnorthlondon.co.uk 

We have 3 areas (3 separate landing pages). Up until now this has worked really well and allowed us to target very lucrative areas. 

Our actual website has no spend, we do get calls from it but nothing compared. 

I know this is a bit naughty but its never been an issue with customers so far

Do these type of companies allow for one month trials for example, sounds interesting?

8 hours ago, Chipperclown said:

Do these type of companies allow for one month trials for example, sounds interesting?

I think its something to avoid after having a conversation with RT. 

Short term it works, but its not good long term.

• Thanks 1

Same mate. New customers calling has dropped significantly. I've got plenty of regulars and don't have a team of lads to support so not to concerned. Last year went crazy for most of the year but as others have said I also don't think people are worrying to much about their gardens, now that pubs and restaurants are opening up and people looking to spend on their holidays abroad.

Interesting to see so many people thinking the same.

Someone made a thread about a tree surgery 'bubble' but didn't expect it to burst until winter! 

Glad we didn't take on another gang, will just be a shame to not be able to take a fat dividend at the end of the year lol 😆 

After chasing the marketing agent calls have started to come in, 3 or 4 a day so will just reduce prices slightly and build up 4 weeks of work hopefully. 

Got a juicy quote yesterday for a site clearance in a very large garden but quoting against 6 other firms : 0