Experienced Groundie Rates

Treeezzz

16 hours ago, Woodruff said:

I am looking for lads and have just posted on this topic we were after a newbie but I am well interested in having a word if you can lead a team and can drive the other van we are west lancs based and easy to get along with.  

Thanks mate much appreciated, I'll bear that in mind if I decide to jump ship 👍👍

12 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

If what he says he has ticket wise is right he is worth 120 + as there aint that many guys about with 34&35 and if he has plenty of expieriance in wind blown and does it with out his arse going worth more than the 120 every day,

Cheers. 

Yeah I've got all those tickets but I think 160 a day is unlikely for an employee. We pay subbie climbers 150 a day. The North West doesn't pay well and I suspect this area is fairly saturated with folk charging nothing for poor work, which drives the price down. 

1 hour ago, Treeezzz said:

Cheers. 

Yeah I've got all those tickets but I think 160 a day is unlikely for an employee. We pay subbie climbers 150 a day. The North West doesn't pay well and I suspect this area is fairly saturated with folk charging nothing for poor work, which drives the price down. 

My bet is,that subbie don't tell you a true! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ian C said:

You can only pay staff what your business can afford and, you can only win work by being competitive it’s as simple as that, 40k for a groundy or even a climber is dream money, there are simply too many people at it and too many people who are basically glorified gardeners that end up de valuing the industry. My wife is a senior sister (nhs) with 30 yrs in with a degree in her specialty who isn’t on 40k, one of the guys who works for me is ex paramedic who did 12 hour shifts inc nights who was in 35k so a tree man in this day and age when everyone who can cut a tree is a tree surgeon ain’t going to get 40k in the books!

Totally agree mate, the business I work for just can't afford that much - the arb manager will be on about 40k and assistant manager on 30k ish, so I'll be lucky to get low 20's. 

I think there's a lot of competition around here, and more than a few cowboys willing to do a bad job for peanuts, which keeps prices low. 

I get the feeling the building industry was like this in the past, but it seems like tradesmen can generally charge more now, maybe that industry is better regulated now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Hill said:

Self employed groundy,no tickets,all gear supplied £40-£45 per hour here in Norway. 

Climbers £55 -£70 per hour.

The work is not very hard,bulk of the work comes in from April to December.

The money is there but your going to have to chase it.

We can dream 😀

3 hours ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

I don't want to be rude, but man with that tickets and exp, must know his price in his area, unless he is no real passion in what he doing, another thing, I have seen many people (particularly council and other big organisation) with plenty tickets and exp and ohh god how useless they was, if u really good, employer will pay you maximum once u ask. Freelance is a way, to understand what u worth, I did it, never regret.Best teams I work with, all freelance guys, all team leaders for them self😎 Just contacted my friend he is around same area, min 250 a day, that about 150 after tax, isn't? 

I've got a rough idea but wanted to get others opinions. I've been with the same company for 10 years so I'm not so familiar with what others pay. 

My employer won't pay much more as the wage structure is capped by arb manager being on 40k, and assistant manager on 30k. The rest of us fit in below there.