Jump to content
Treeezzz

Experienced Groundie Rates

Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

 

I'm doing a bit of research before asking for a pay rise from the company I work for. I work predominantly on the ground, though have the climbing ticket for rescue purposes. 

I'm a permanent employee with the usual package that comes with that.

 

Any suggestions gratefully received 🙏😀

 

I have over 10 years experience in a variety of arb settings including woodland management, Council work, railways and domestic jobs. I am a team leader. 

 

I have the following tickets:

30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 38

 

Plus Ipaf (mewp), PA1, PA6, PA6AW, chipper, stump grinder and brush cutter. My streetworks ticket has now expired. 

 

I also have a pre 1997 licence so I can drive Truck/trailer combo up to 12t.

 

So what do you think? What am I worth? 

Thanks in advance 👍

 

Ps I'm based in North West England so it won't quite be London rates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Treeezzz said:

Hi all, 

 

I'm doing a bit of research before asking for a pay rise from the company I work for. I work predominantly on the ground, though have the climbing ticket for rescue purposes. 

I'm a permanent employee with the usual package that comes with that.

 

Any suggestions gratefully received 🙏😀

 

I have over 10 years experience in a variety of arb settings including woodland management, Council work, railways and domestic jobs. I am a team leader. 

 

I have the following tickets:

30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 38

 

Plus Ipaf (mewp), PA1, PA6, PA6AW, chipper, stump grinder and brush cutter. My streetworks ticket has now expired. 

 

I also have a pre 1997 licence so I can drive Truck/trailer combo up to 12t.

 

So what do you think? What am I worth? 

Thanks in advance 👍

 

Ps I'm based in North West England so it won't quite be London rates. 

150 a day sounds reasonable 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paul Cleaver said:

150 a day sounds reasonable 

And a bit more.. ! Sounds like our man well in the game, NW may be less than London , but thats a lot of certs . K

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Khriss said:

And a bit more.. ! Sounds like our man well in the game, NW may be less than London , but thats a lot of certs . K

He is worth more Khriss but he is North West! About 120.00 is average but even as low as 100.00 is not uncommon :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Cleaver said:

He is worth more Khriss but he is North West! About 120.00 is average but even as low as 100.00 is not uncommon :(

I kno you know - and sadly  , and sometimes is same down here , but sounds like a bloke you want to keep regardless . K

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Khriss said:

I kno you know - and sadly  , and sometimes is same down here , but sounds like a bloke you want to keep regardless . K

For sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

160 on the books as you lead a team even through you might not be the main climber. 

 

Plus an extra 10 to 20 a day if you drive and maintain the trunk and chipper. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we all talking freelance rate or permy as they aren't comparible. 41.6k sounds like a lot of wedge? I don't know much about wages full time but that's good 👌

Edited by Paddy1000111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, yes permanent on the books. 

Sadly I think £100 a day would be pushing it with the company I work for 🙄

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.