Tips for selling my house?

PeteB

I'm getting gritty and determined about this with a plan to sell this and buy something with my partner as we do not live together but have been together for long enough know to take that step.

Testing times ahead getting ready to put it on the market and choosing the new but has anyone got any real tips? I know to put the fence right, weed and tidy garden blah blah blah. I got to decorate and make it look less like a batchelors house etc I know but, any tips would be appreciated!

I got some cloudy or steamed up double glazed units, anyone swapped these out or got a wicked tip for these too?

2 hours ago, PeteB said:

I'm getting gritty and determined about this with a plan to sell this and buy something with my partner as we do not live together but have been together for long enough know to take that step.

Testing times ahead getting ready to put it on the market and choosing the new but has anyone got any real tips? I know to put the fence right, weed and tidy garden blah blah blah. I got to decorate and make it look less like a batchelors house etc I know but, any tips would be appreciated!

I got some cloudy or steamed up double glazed units, anyone swapped these out or got a wicked tip for these too?

Houses are flying at the minute pete so get it nice and presentable for viewings and changing a couple of pains of glass will not make any difference.If it needs a bit of tlc paint wise you will get it back in value.Best thing is get a couple of estate agents in and pick their brains as they will be selling it i assume. If this was rugby i would be giving you some stick though lol 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Houses are flying at the minute pete so get it nice and presentable for viewings and changing a couple of pains of glass will not make any difference.If it needs a bit of tlc paint wise you will get it back in value.Best thing is get a couple of estate agents in and pick their brains as they will be selling it i assume. If this was rugby i would be giving you some stick though lol 😁

Bang on, my nephew as just paid £6k over the asking price for his first house. The two houses he looked at before sold while him and his Mrs went away to think about it.

• Like 1

Don't decorate . The buyers will change most things like paint/wall paper  kitchen bathroom . Its a waste of money and time  .  Get in quick before they put stamp duty back on .  Get a decent estate agent they will have a firm who will do the photos and the energy assessment .

• Like 1

Speaking as someone who started buying and selling last October and moved at the start of February...

- research your local estate agents to find a good one; they'll make all the difference.  Ask people nearby for personal recommendation; there's no better way.  We did and the same name of a local company kept coming up; in fact half of those we spoke to still remembered to individual who they dealt with.  That company did us proud, both in selling and as negotiators/facilitators re buying.  This is Point 1 by a country mile.

- if you have any decorating horrors paint them white or magnolia.  Doesn't matter if the incumbents change it; they probably won't be impressed by your peeling red flock wallpaper in the master bedroom.

- don't be afraid to chivvy; estate agents are busy and those who shout loudest tend to get the first attention. Be nice about it of course but it works.

Re your windows you need these guys  

Use our branch locator to find out if we have a window expert near you! We're the only double glazing repair company who...

Best of luck and keep us updated. Stressful but rewarding times ahead.

Jon

Edited by nepia
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeteB said:

I'll look at the glazing, I got at least opening in every window gone bad! Cheapest quote won't reckon!

You will have to have a survey done and see what they pick up before spending money on certain things.If the windows are really old it will be picked up and mentioned in the survey for mortgage purposes 

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1