560xp

JohnsonC97

7 minutes ago, adw said:

As said there have been an amount of mods to the 560xp, removing the tank breather pipe from the filter box, the open slot in the top cover, moving the fuel hose away from the back of the cylinder etc, spark plug maybe, 

make sure the air vents in the starter cover , and the cylinder fins are clear as this can cause over heating, old or stale fuel, use the purge when restarting, and pull the choke out and back in to lock the part throttle.

Why all the changes was it a dud saw then ? 

On going improvements, some to combat the poor quality fuel, vapour lock can happen when a hot engine has stopped and left for a short time, the heat from the cylinder dissipates into the carb and inlet manifold causing vapour rather than fuel into the engine  making it difficult to re start, this is why you should use the purge to pull cooler fuel through the carb and aid restarting.

• Like 2

Could be any number of things . All this happened to mine back in 2011 . If its an old one maybe it needs all the up to date mods . If not it could be vapor lock if it has been left in the sun . Try an A/T reset as per the book first . If that don't work take it to your dealer . 

Cheers for the reply, just ran it again it still runs fine from cold but kinda feels like it’s lost a little bit of compression if that narrows it down any?

4 minutes ago, JohnsonC97 said:

Cheers for the reply, just ran it again it still runs fine from cold but kinda feels like it’s lost a little bit of compression if that narrows it down any?

Might be worth getting spud to service it for you and he can do any upgrades 

It’s recently just had a new spark plug, carb and fuel system clean from a dealer ship I don’t normally use he also said the carb and piston are in excellent condition, says he hooked the auto tune system to diagnostics everything’s came back fine this was all before i realised the hot start issue said done a factory reset I’m not too clued up on that kinda stuff so thought I’d ask other opinions before taking the saw back to him

So has this started since the new spark plug etc was installed or before? If its been a problem since then its obviously something he did. If it's like it before it can only really be a breather or a piston issue. I know he said it's in great condition but did he take the pot off or look through the exhaust. The pistons usually go between the exhaust port and the chain as that's the hottest and least lubricated part of the piston

3 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

So has this started since the new spark plug etc was installed or before? If its been a problem since then its obviously something he did. If it's like it before it can only really be a breather or a piston issue. I know he said it's in great condition but did he take the pot off or look through the exhaust. The pistons usually go between the exhaust port and the chain as that's the hottest and least lubricated part of the piston

Like this paddy 

IMG_20210511_174753207.thumb.jpg.c56a48a8db770ee7bc6050193811dd2f.jpg