560xp

JohnsonC97

23 minutes ago, JohnsonC97 said:

Hi there, my 560xp is cutting out and struggling to start again when warm, but after leaving the engine to cool it starts and runs fine again, any ideas what this could be? Thanks.

Could be any number of things . All this happened to mine back in 2011 . If its an old one maybe it needs all the up to date mods . If not it could be vapor lock if it has been left in the sun . Try an A/T reset as per the book first . If that don't work take it to your dealer . 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Could be any number of things . All this happened to mine back in 2011 . If its an old one maybe it needs all the up to date mods . If not it could be vapor lock if it has been left in the sun . Try an A/T reset as per the book first . If that don't work take it to your dealer . 

Sorry to jump on another post but stubby i have just fitted a new cylinder and piston to a 660 saw and she fired up 3rd pull so well happy as first time i have done that job. Stubby does the new piston need to be run in quietly mate or something else i should be doing to

2 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Sorry to jump on another post but stubby i have just fitted a new cylinder and piston to a 660 saw and she fired up 3rd pull so well happy as first time i have done that job. Stubby does the new piston need to be run in quietly mate or something else i should be doing to

Some peeps think it should and others say rag it from the off . I think you should cut with it so its under load but don't lean on it and vary the revs a bit so that the ring beds in for a couple of tanks ./   

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Some peeps think it should and others say rag it from the off . I think you should cut with it so its under load but don't lean on it and vary the revs a bit so that the ring beds in for a couple of tanks ./   

I will avoid milling with it straight off as it puts a lot on the saw and do some ringing up. Cheers stubby thought i would ask the No 1 to save messing about 😁 👆 Fingers crossed it will be ok 🤞

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Have you put a new spark plug in it? I've had plenty of tools mess up because the resistor in the spark plug is knackered and goes full resistance when hot. 

Yea back on topic I found with mine it was better with the next up hotter plug .

Sadly, mine started doing that then blew the piston  😑  give it a good check over or back to dealers - specifically  check tightness of the exhaust box bolts onto cylinder cos i think  that did mine. Best of  . K

• Like 1

As said there have been an amount of mods to the 560xp, removing the tank breather pipe from the filter box, the open slot in the top cover, moving the fuel hose away from the back of the cylinder etc, spark plug maybe, 

make sure the air vents in the starter cover , and the cylinder fins are clear as this can cause over heating, old or stale fuel, use the purge when restarting, and pull the choke out and back in to lock the part throttle.

• Like 1