Ts410 cut off saw

Indian_cola

Hi, sorry not a chainsaw but you guys have lots of useful knowledge.

saw been running bad, put new genuine filters and plug on.

no better, cleaned carb, rebuilt with genuine gaskets and diaphragms and replaced the 4 hoses around the carb with genuine Stihl hose and also genuine primer. 
after this running real bad, go to investigate and the air filter is full of fuel.

I did find slight slight kink in line from tank to carb.

could that do that? 
I check the primer bulb is plumbed correct, and it appears to be. Do I need to swap the legs around on it? 
mall went back together the way it came  off 

Any ideas?? 
big thanks 

How old is it ? How much use has it had?  Have you checked cylinder health with  compression test ? Can  hear any piston slap noise when running ? 

You could pop the exhaust off to see the exhaust side of piston - might give you a clue as to general piston health.  But really you want to see the inlet side.

I'm wondering if you've got a worn piston which is no longer closing the inlet port, that might lead to your soggy filter. A bit more saw history would be useful. ...

Thank for all the replies guys.

so it’s fairly old, 2010 at a guess.

it been used of course but not heavily or regularly.

just put compression reader on, it says 115psi.

so bit more story for you.

was running iffy, took carb off for clean, bit of super fine dust in there. Thought okay found problem.

back on, still running bit crap. Around this time I check compression it was about 145.   pull cord breaks. 

Keep calm, it’s old no big deal, wasn’t hard to start or anything like that.

fix cord, still runs bit crap, that’s when I buy all the genuine bits, put it all back on and it runs super bad. 
something  I’ve done made it run super lean? , push petrol out to filter and **************** the compression? 

I will avoid the cheap carbs as much as I can. Bad experience with one on a ms180 before :( 

to me and in my fairly small experience the piston don’t look that bad. The rings move and the back wall looked smooth.

I could take the carb off and get a look from other side too. 
hoping maybe the compression valve is bad?? And the kink in my fuel line was the fuel problem. 

when the carb is off I can check the needle lever. 

Thanks a lot guys! 

53B498D9-A458-429D-A406-C843877C1008.jpeg

841F0C25-8E05-4AA2-BCBE-39E13219B2B4.jpeg

It’s unusual to see marks above the ring and not below it, looks like something has been rattling about in there, there are a few pipes to and from the carb, did you re connect them the same way they came of? just remember the bubble is a purge not a primer, so it pulls fue from the charm and dumps back to tank, if you cross the pipes you will be forcing fuel into the carb causing it to flood and also give running issues.

Yes pipes all went back on same way. Checked yesterday with a parts diagram. 
 Yes rings seem free enough.

the original bad running was bogging on full throttle.

after replacing things  it was difficult to start, have to blip throttle to keep from cutting out and full throttle was as if power was being cut. It would then cut out completely cut out and would need the purge pressing to get it started again.

think tomorrow I’m going to get carb off, check piston.

check needle lever 

Remove purge and triple check legs.

I do remember that the bottom of the inner air filter always used to be a bit wet but never knew why or questioned it to much as it always worked. 

I believe the tank vents into the air filter area. 
might also top fuel back up and keep purging it and see where the petrol comes from