Which saws you using?

RyWiley

Depends on if you’re running a firm and need to provide for all eventualities or if you’re a freelance climber and only need to cover the majority. Joe was bang on with the 2511 and 500i combo for a freelance climber. Someone always has a 50cc ground saw they can send up for the occasional big branch and most firms worth working for will have a 661 with a 36” bar for big slashes and bigger chunking.
So there’s your four for running the entire show:
-climbing saw, might as well be on the lighter end because a 201 isn’t much different to a 261
-261 main ground saw
-500i bigger ground saw and predominant chunking saw
-661 necessary evil

Not much different if you go battery on the smaller ones. My main petrol climbing saw has had very little use because battery power is so lovely. I can use an electric breadknife 120 for most stuff and nick a ground saw for the occasional bigger cut. 220 arrives this week. Should render the 120 and 261 unnecessary but the 120 is such a little darling I’ll not want to part with it.

On 10/05/2021 at 21:21, RyWiley said:

Cheers lads. I'm thinking 201t, husky 572xp and stihl 661c for now, I'm hoping that's a pretty decent set up. Will probably try and get a 200t and a smaller 150 at some point.

572 is too heavy for delimbing, in arb its most important! Of course you can use 201t on the ground, but it's against the rules. 

On 10/05/2021 at 21:21, RyWiley said:

Cheers lads. I'm thinking 201t, husky 572xp and stihl 661c for now, I'm hoping that's a pretty decent set up. Will probably try and get a 200t and a smaller 150 at some point.

Can’t speak for the 201 but the 572 and 661 are both solid saws, highly recommend them. You kinda need something smaller for snedding though, 550 or similar. 
572 is a unit, I love mine and would pick it up over the 500i every time. I run mine on a 20” bar for fast cutting but you could put a 24” on there easily I’d say and save on the 661 for the time being. 
I’d go with top handle, 550 & 572 for the time being. When a big job comes along that you NEED a big saw you can stick a little extra in to go towards the 661 then. 

• Like 2

The 201T or TC is great. Not quite the legend that the older 200T is, but still a powerful and reliable top handle.

The bigger Echo top handle, the CS355  is supposed to be a fine machine too, and can almost buy 2 for the price of a single 201TC.