Larch price

trigger_andy

22 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I’ve got orders coming in the Larch but I’m unsure what to charge. £3 a board foot seems the going rate for 153mm x 18mm cladding.

Does this sound right? Would the same BF price go for 6x2” etc?

No, that's an insane price. Almost £100 a cubic foot. 

I'd be looking at £18/cubic foot for rough sawn cladding. That equates to £1.85 per linear metre. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

What’s that in board foot? 🤣

Do you actually mean board foot or linear foot based on your cross sectional profile? Why are you using the American board foot system? I generally think and price in cubic inches and feet and then convert to cubic meters if I have to. I price for cladding on the basis of board face area. In fact, I'm just working out a quote now but my phone keeps pinging! Cheers, Tom.

4 minutes ago, Tom at Heartwood said:

Do you actually mean board foot or linear foot based on your cross sectional profile? Why are you using the American board foot system? I generally think and price in cubic inches and feet and then convert to cubic meters if I have to. I price for cladding on the basis of board face area. In fact, I'm just working out a quote now but my phone keeps pinging! Cheers, Tom.

I don’t know how I ended up using board foot to be honest? Now that I have I find it easier to visualise and price. The Norwood App is quite handy. Punch in the dimensions and you get board feet. I have in my head what I charge for oak in board foot. 

Im very new to pricing up as I’ve mostly milled for my own supply. 

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I don’t know how I ended up using board foot to be honest?

You have been watching to many episodes of the old Axe men series, shelby allways gibered on about board feet,,,,Les will know,😂😂

• Like 1