Who's still burning?

And the fire is lit. As it has been every day (albeit I'm working away through the week at the moment, so my better half is handling that). 

It's looking like the first spring since records began where the highest temperature recorded was in March (24.5c, which hasn't been, and looks unlikely to be exceeded before the end of May). Very chilly indeed.

I’ve just topped up my stores with green wood making the half dry wood from next winters supply inaccessible to my wife who insisted on burning it and therefore needing a hell of a lot of kindling to get it going.
“But the central heating is expensive “ she says.
“You will be arrested!” Says I [emoji16]
Put a jumper on

• 2 weeks later...

Have to burn if I want a shower, few smallish bits of leylandii does enough hot water. 

My shower is 22mm mains pressure with a big shower head, had a long shower and thought I would turn the temp up to use the rest of the water, scalded myself!

Surprising how much hot water off just an armful of logs.

• Like 1

Have to burn if I want a shower, few smallish bits of leylandii does enough hot water. 
My shower is 22mm mains pressure with a big shower head, had a long shower and thought I would turn the temp up to use the rest of the water, scalded myself!
Surprising how much hot water off just an armful of logs.

I’m kinda in the same boat. Put a new 280l Cylinder in last year with dual coils. One gravity fed for the kitchen Stove and a back-up for the new oil boiler. Our kitchen stove is on from 07:00 til bedtime so unsure how much logs we need to hear that kinda volume but the radiator the stove also runs is always toasty warm.

June the efffing fifth and we still had to light the Aarrow Stratford last night as there has not been quite enough sun to work the solar tubes which normally heat our Summer hot water. 

No wonder they changed the scare headline from Global Warming to Climate Change!