Who's still burning?

No fire through the sunny cold weather as the house warms up enough during the day and is slow to cool but back on today with the wind and rain.
Wet and miserable outside is a good enough reason for me too. Got mine on again this evening. That and a good old bit of Roy Orbison really hits the spot!

I actually managed a night without the stove yesterday!  Looking at the forecast for the next two weeks, I reckon I'll be lighting it for a few hours must evenings still.  I could end up burning until June at this rate.

4 hours ago, neiln said:

I could end up burning until June at this rate.

I can't as I have no dry wood left.

Except some of the beech felled and split in February is just about fit to burn.

Looks like the following year will be cedar as I looked at a large deodar today.

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

I can't as I have no dry wood left.

Except some of the beech felled and split in February is just about fit to burn.

Looks like the following year will be cedar as I looked at a large deodar today.

Yeah, deodar is ok, I burn a lot, partly because it’s so easy to process.

Does burn quick though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yeah, deodar is ok, I burn a lot, partly because it’s so easy to process.

Does burn quick though.

That's the worry; if I use all my hardwood this year and fill with cedar next summer I may run short again as I only have 8m3 of covered storage.

@Dom who doesn't post here any more says it will take 2 days to get down and it looks about 150Hft plus a third that again in branchwood so it will fill me up and some.

There's just about room for a straight fell but the logistics of dragging the top out to the chipper make section felling more sensible and less damage to the lawn, also I'm not that brave or confident any more.

13 minutes ago, neiln said:

Build another shed, or just get assume pallets and tarp the top.  That's what I do for 2/3 of mine.  It's fine with good quality tarp.

I really don't have much  space along with my other junk, this is a small suburban garden. I think I can squeeze a few m3 of short billets alongside the garage under some roofing felt. This is why I have a hectic period at the end of the heating season and the time it takes to refill the store and why I only have the summer months for drying.