Transit uprated springs?

Paddy1000111

Anyone got any links to uprated springs that they have used for a mk8 transit (2016)? Seems to be 1000 options but I don't want to buy some POS ones or spend a load when it's not necessary? I wouldn't bother but the springs have looked a little, urm, sad and I live in an area with shite roads that are full of potholes and speed bumps and I don't trust the oem springs. DSC_0459.thumb.JPG.c4a88d3d01838cba0d2788dc3fa080bf.JPG

9 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Anyone got any links to uprated springs that they have used for a mk8 transit (2016)? Seems to be 1000 options but I don't want to buy some POS ones or spend a load when it's not necessary? I wouldn't bother but the springs have looked a little, urm, sad and I live in an area with shite roads that are full of potholes and speed bumps and I don't trust the oem springs. DSC_0459.thumb.JPG.c4a88d3d01838cba0d2788dc3fa080bf.JPG

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for FORD TRANSIT MK 8 (2013 ON) 2 LEAF 76MM WIDE SPRINGS X 2 - HEAVY DUTY + U BOLTS at the best online prices at...

Look up Midland road springs, there springs won’t frown at you!

Anoher option is look at adjustable air bags, that way you still get a ride quality when empty as you lower the pressure

Edited by Will C
Bags!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Will C said:

Look up Midland road springs, there springs won’t frown at you!

Anoher option is look at adjustable air bags, that way you still get a ride quality when empty as you lower the pressure

I'll take a look! I'm not too fussed about ride quality. I'm lucky that most work is within 10 miles of me. 

It seems that air bag kits are about the same price as springs but the additional stress of air leaks, compressor failure, electrical issue etc doesn't seem ideal? 

For those who are using larger springs, what ones did you go for? 2, 2+1, 4+1 etc? 

Edited by Paddy1000111

It seems that air bag kits are about the same price as springs but the additional stress of air leaks, compressor failure, electrical issue etc doesn't seem ideal? 

For those who are using larger springs, what ones did you go for? 2, 2+1, 4+1 etc? 

Air suspension is simple and a lot of your worries above are not to be worried about, keep it simple, mount the compressor in a good accessible place along with the supply regulator/control, ride level can be from electronic sensing or basic mechanical arm/lever sensing, use single length supply pipes i.e one joint at compressor end and one at air bag end. Not much more to it.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Are they the ones you went for? How do you find them? I've seen up to 5+1 springs which just seems excessive? 

afraid not. did have a transit that had heavy duty springs on though

all that company does is springs and alot of heavy duty ones so 

sorry probably doesn't help at all! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Don’t you mean bags are the same price with out the Agro of broken springs?

Every system has its down side but I wouldn’t hesitate to have air again. Just keep jacking it up till level and don’t look like a off roader when empty.

A transit riding high on the arse end gives a traffic copper a mental note to pull it when it’s level 🤔

take a look at these guys in Ireland. I’ve used there kits in the past, was a painless experience 👍