Starting a Petter PH1 single cylinder Diesel engine

Baldbloke

This thread has taken a disturbing turn in my absence.

I have just come in from bending up a new wing for mine. I know I know, unnecessary expense but the bottom part would no longer hold the accelerator bar in place and I can't get the weld to stick to the rust for some reason. I could have just built it up in MIG wire or welding rod, but in the end a bit of steel was cheaper and quicker. I am alternating between that and welding the front wing on my wife's Midget (I weld, she grinds it all off again...) and the latter is definitely more complicated. I wish she would settle for the same shaped wing as the one on the back of the dumper!

Alec

• Like 4

1 minute ago, agg221 said:

This thread has taken a disturbing turn in my absence.

I have just come in from bending up a new wing for mine. I know I know, unnecessary expense but the bottom part would no longer hold the accelerator bar in place and I can't get the weld to stick to the rust for some reason. I could have just built it up in MIG wire or welding rod, but in the end a bit of steel was cheaper and quicker. I am alternating between that and welding the front wing on my wife's Midget (I weld, she grinds it all off again...) and the latter is definitely more complicated. I wish she would settle for the same shaped wing as the one on the back of the dumper!

Alec

.... You need to get out more 😉 K

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khriss said:

( or buy a Series Landrover..............) 

There is a Series 2 in bits which is making slow progress - this weekend will be topcoating various things black if the weather holds. There is a 2a in the shed in need of the gearbox taking off to sort the clutch, oh and a bit of welding on the chassis rails and outriggers, and the oldest known S2 109" Home Market Station Wagon is currently residing in my garden (not mine but I have the keys).

Is that enough Series Land Rovers do you think?

Alec

• Like 4