Carb Kit or Chinese carb?

Steven P

BG85 is different than the BG86, the 85 is non strato and the 86 most definitely is!

The BG86 needs a lot more warming up and when warm, I wind the H screw all the way out till is starts lowering in revs then wind it back in to peak revs then out around 1/4 turn to fatten up the fuel a little. This way you get the unit revving as it should....the L screw can be a bit hit and miss but you basically tune it so you get a good pickup.

My BG85.......well I modified it a bit and it pulls higher revs much better and works well.

The carb can be a bit iffy but mostly due to the primer check valves which can get stuck. Not a bad blower but I got mine for £25;)

• Like 2

On 08/05/2021 at 11:49, devon TWiG said:

fitted carb this morning and saw is running fine again !!   time will tell on quality of carb but issue sorted ....

Probably a Walbro carb taken off, poor idle stability,  revs picking up on idle and then dying, bogging but runs OK flat out but can scream are usual symptoms.

On 08/05/2021 at 13:48, spudulike said:

BG85 is different than the BG86, the 85 is non strato and the 86 most definitely is!

The BG86 needs a lot more warming up and when warm, I wind the H screw all the way out till is starts lowering in revs then wind it back in to peak revs then out around 1/4 turn to fatten up the fuel a little. This way you get the unit revving as it should....the L screw can be a bit hit and miss but you basically tune it so you get a good pickup.

My BG85.......well I modified it a bit and it pulls higher revs much better and works well.

The carb can be a bit iffy but mostly due to the primer check valves which can get stuck. Not a bad blower but I got mine for £25;)

Interesting stuff re tuning. Don't suppose you know the part number for the tuning driver? I've got a 86 and it's been in the shop twice now for a retune and it still seems wrong. It won't rev at all when cold. If its left idling for 5+ seconds it bogs on acceleration and if I tilt the unit forward it revs up? 

Edited by Paddy1000111

7 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Interesting stuff re tuning. Don't suppose you know the part number for the tuning driver? I've got a 86 and it's been in the shop twice now for a retune and it still seems wrong. It won't rev at all when cold. If its left idling for 5+ seconds it bogs on acceleration and if I tilt the unit forward it revs up? 

Could be an air leak that opens up more being pulled by the AV  when you tilt it ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Oh . I doubt it would be an air leak at three weeks old but defo back to the dealer though ...

It's just annoying. As I mostly rake and sweep as I find the blower makes a mess on smaller jobs it's only had 4 tanks through it but it's very annoying. Might take a gander myself before taking it back. Might be something simple 

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 1