Husqvarna 395 wrap handle

Tomthetree

Just now, Stubby said:

Mine are on Alkylate  mix  so not a problem . 👍

Mine are too but they seep chain oil. With things lately it may be some time before they're used again so i might drain them all down, and remove the bars and chains to store them all.

• Like 1

Just now, Moose McAlpine said:

Mine are too but they seep chain oil. With things lately it may be some time before they're used again so i might drain them all down, and remove the bars and chains to store them all.

Ok . 👍

11 hours ago, Khriss said:

Aint you got a TiG, moose? Could be a nice sideline for you there  with a pipe bender. K

I do, but i think my full wrap was about 50 quid delivered, with the big dogs and little front protection plate. Not worth it to custom make full wraps, except i'd like to make one for my 550. I have a spare 572 full wrap that will probably be the donor for it.

On 04/05/2021 at 10:42, Stubby said:

I think it will come from America in the first instance anyway . I have one on my 395 that came from Canada actually .

This would make sense - In professional forestry and logging, a full wrap handle is required by law in Canada. In the US it isn't law, but OSHA suggests it as a safety feature for fallers, and it basically became the norm on the shelves since the late 60's in the Pacific Northwest.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wyk said:

This would make sense - In professional forestry and logging, a full wrap handle is required by law in Canada. In the US it isn't law, but OSHA suggests it as a safety feature for fallers, and it basically became the norm on the shelves since the late 60's in the Pacific Northwest.

I did not know it was a requirement by law but in the past I have had several saws from Canada  ( I know 2 brothers out there , not heard from them in years now ) .  I had a couple of 385xp from them and two older 394xp saws and they all came with a full wrap .   For some reason I felt the 394 was a little bit more grunty than the 395 is . I know one had the Walbro carb and the other Tillotson  .

• Like 1