No oil

Styx

Hi I have a Husqvarna 240e as a spare saw but the bar has stopped oiling. So far I have changed the oil pump, pick up tube and the oiler itself but still no oil gets through. Blown everything out with an airline and no blockage. The small plastic tube in the oil tank is ok and not blocked. I did take the worm drive off the shaft and it looks OK. Can you put this back on upside down and should it be pushed down as far as it will go? Anyone any ideas, it was working fine then the oiler suddenly stopped ??

Thanks

Styx.

1 hour ago, peatff said:

Is the oil hole in the bar clear and aligned with the supply pipe ?

Most of these pumps are a cylinder with a piston rotated by a worm gear, as it rotates the piston moves in and out  on a stationary cam. On the power stroke oil is delivered out the cylinder via a small hole, on Stihls this cylinder can be inserted wrongly so the output hole does not line up with the oil gallery. I am not familiar with the 240e.

The pump gear on the crank can be put on either way, there is a tool to get the correct spacing of the gear coils on the crank, the early 240 had no support in the oil tank where the bar bolts are, so what used to happen was when the side cover was tightened the bar pad would bulge and in doing so closes off the delivery pipe, what happens then is the oil comes out but drips on your feet as it cannot get to the bar. The early machines has a spring on the end of the pick up pipe as a filter, if you use non fling oil stretch the spring a little to allow oil to flow through it easier.

240.PNG

Thanks for the replies. ADW the position of the worm drive coils could well be the problem. I will have a measure up and see if I can get it back in the right position with the correct gap between the gear coils, trial and error !!

Thanks

Styx

• Like 1