New 2.8L Hilux Review

Commando

Thinking of taking advantage of the BASC 19% discount and ordering a new 2.8L Inv-x Hilux Double Cab.  Some decent reviews on the tube but wondering if any real-life experience on the forum? 

Been quoted no expected delivery before Dec!!

Thx Craig

IMG_6627.jpeg

I ordered the Invincible X a few weeks ago, delivery December apparently.

19% is maximum discount (I got that through NFU, spoke to a couple of dealers who both told me there is nothing more they can do), I don’t think you will get any more off it anywhere tbh.

I had a decent test drive and it seems a good truck - I’m not convinced it’s any better than my old Navara it is replacing though. The Hilux feels a bit cheap-and-nasty inside, the doors don’t have any weight to them, there is no front camera etc etc. Truth be told I prefer the Nissan but I couldn’t get any sense out of the dealers I spoke to and also fancied a change so Taliban taxi it is this time! 

• Like 2

I was looking at sticking it on the 0% PCP offer Toyota have running but the dealer told me they won’t give it with the BASC discount and want to charge 5%apr…..(3k over 3yrs) cash job it will be then!
The older (2017) 2.4L models are holding good money still, that’s one of the benefits of Toyota I guess[emoji106]
I to got the speel about no profit in the BASC deal for them, which I’m sure is bullshit given its on the quote as “manufacturers discount”.

• Like 1

I am bewildered as to why Toyota are still promoting / advertising the hi lux if it is unable to supply them for ages !!   not good for any one ..dealers , customers or company ...used ones prices are only high because new are unavailable !!...is it a brexit / covid issue ???

• Like 1

I am bewildered as to why Toyota are still promoting / advertising the hi lux if it is unable to supply them for ages !!   not good for any one ..dealers , customers or company ...used ones prices are only high because new are unavailable !!...is it a brexit / covid issue ???

Or a Suez issue?
  • Like 1