Forst ST6P common issues?

Paddy1000111

I recently bought a st6p from forst and it's been perfect so far. Quick, powerful and hasn't skipped a beat. I have 2 days off next week to get on top of stuff. One thing I want to do is give the chipper a proper check over and check things like the grease bank pipes to make sure they're not leaking and doing what they should etc.

Are there any common faults or issues with the st6p that I should look at whilst it has a warranty? 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I recently bought a st6p from forst and it's been perfect so far. Quick, powerful and hasn't skipped a beat. I have 2 days off next week to get on top of stuff. One thing I want to do is give the chipper a proper check over and check things like the grease bank pipes to make sure they're not leaking and doing what they should etc.

Are there any common faults or issues with the st6p that I should look at whilst it has a warranty? 

Thanks! 

My mate who I used to work with has just traded in his Jensen 8" A 540 for the 6" Forst . He is over the moon with it but , first time he used it the lad loaded it up with the same amount of brash he would have put in the Jensen and broke a belt .  My mate says once you find its limits its actually quicker than the Jensen . All I can say .

• Like 1

Ahh I'll go to that and have a look! I'll check the roller motors actually. One of them seemed quite close to the hopper compared to the other. 

I've been having great fun with it, turn the speed down and fire through some big stuff. Only limitation I have found so far is the feed rollers stop sometimes when something's got a strong union on. The timberwolves I've used just keep turning. I've had a couple of times now where it's sucked up three 2" branches and got stuck and you can hear the overpressure valve hiss, same noise you get from an excavator when you hit its limits. 

4 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Ahh I'll go to that and have a look! I'll check the roller motors actually. One of them seemed quite close to the hopper compared to the other. 

I've been having great fun with it, turn the speed down and fire through some big stuff. Only limitation I have found so far is the feed rollers stop sometimes when something's got a strong union on. The timberwolves I've used just keep turning. I've had a couple of times now where it's sucked up three 2" branches and got stuck and you can hear the overpressure valve hiss, same noise you get from an excavator when you hit its limits. 

Don’t worry about the relief valve, that’s it’s job, don’t let it do it ad nauseam of course, but it’s no big deal.

Just now, Mick Dempsey said:

Don’t worry about the relief valve, that’s it’s job, don’t let it do it ad nauseam of course, but it’s no big deal.

Only happened twice but just weird to me when I've been so used to timberwolves spinning on the surface! 

I really like it though. It seems to just mulch whatever I throw at it. It's nice that the stop bar isn't super sensitive either! For a 6" chipper I couldn't be happier 👌

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Also, on your screen, does yours show the bonnet as red all the time? Mine shows the bonnet in red when it's down and then black when it's up like the switch is reversed? 

I would say that the switch is reveresed, k