Uptake of Woodsure,"Ready to Burn Scheme"

cessna

Does anyone know if their has so far, been a big uptake of applicants for the Woodsure, "Ready to burn scheme"?

If I email Woodsure  asking them how many  successful applicants have they had so far , for the "Ready to burn scheme", would they be obliged to tell me or any one else how many successful applicants they have had, "under the freedom of information act".?

I think I will Email  Woodsure and see what reply they come back with!    

Does anyone know if their has so far, been a big uptake of applicants for the Woodsure, "Ready to burn scheme"?
If I email Woodsure  asking them how many  successful applicants have they had so far , for the "Ready to burn scheme", would they be obliged to tell me or any one else how many successful applicants they have had, "under the freedom of information act".?
I put my postcode in to the woodsure "find a supplier" and the same 3 come up as last year, Hertford, Grantham, Melton Mowbray being the nearest locations. So no new ones within 50miles of me.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:
19 hours ago, cessna said:

Read more  

I put my postcode in to the woodsure "find a supplier" and the same 3 come up as last year, Hertford, Grantham, Melton Mowbray being the nearest locations. So no new ones within 50miles of me.

Just did my post code....

Big fat Zero! 😂

I’ll see if the search engine allows a search radius to be expanded later. 

Be interesting to know how many road miles it’ll take to get environmentally accredited firewood 😜

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Just did my post code....

Big fat Zero! 😂

I’ll see if the search engine allows a search radius to be expanded later. 

Be interesting to know how many road miles it’ll take to get environmentally accredited firewood 😜

My bad, just adjusted search criteria. 

1 within 10 miles

Several as you go out to 20 miles. 

That might not seem like far for many but bear in mind:

(a) everymanjack sells firewood hereabouts

(b) if I travel 100 miles a week it’s rare!

Only one firewood woodsure supplier  listed locally on there, and it just happens to be the same  company that  I   recently  tested the moisture % of batch of there firewood that was delivered as seasoned.

It was around 40% when delivered. I tested them after a homeowner who I did a job for was complaining they didn't burn. 🙂

Didn't really need a moisture meter to tell it was completely green  sikta spruce.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 4

Got 4 supplies under 20 miles one of which is new, one is a joke as they were selling kiln dried wood which wasn’t season never mind kiln dried, the logs were over 30% MC ... might have driven past a kiln but the wood had never been in one that’s for sure. 

Edited by Vedhoggar

I am curious to know how HETAS/WOODSURE can say in the first line of their "About HETAS" section  on their website that "As a non-profit organisation we pride ourselves on  investing funds.........".  How can a business have  surplus funds unless they are creating a  profit ???  

I see Woodsure is a wholly owned subsidiary of HETAS.

Woodsure is the Defra appointed Certification Body to administer the Ready to Burn Scheme.  

3 hours ago, cessna said:

I am curious to know how HETAS/WOODSURE can say in the first line of their "About HETAS" section  on their website that "As a non-profit organisation we pride ourselves on  investing funds.........".  How can a business have  surplus funds unless they are creating a  profit ???  

I see Woodsure is a wholly owned subsidiary of HETAS.

Woodsure is the Defra appointed Certification Body to administer the Ready to Burn Scheme.  

I think you misunderstand the terms profit and surplus funds. They can easily not make a profit by investing surplus funds. It's only a semantic arguement though as a not-for-profit can easily have surplus funds. Not-for-profit does not mean it has to run at a loss, or even break even. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retired Climber said:

I think you misunderstand the terms profit and surplus funds. They can easily not make a profit by investing surplus funds. It's only a semantic arguement though as a not-for-profit can easily have surplus funds. Not-for-profit does not mean it has to run at a loss, or even break even. 

Not for profit / cic / community organisation / quango - whatever they call themselves, it’s always shiny ass richard craniums with no f*cking clue drawing a fat pay cheque off some other poor bar stewards hard labour without actually adding any value to the process. The sooner we’re rid of these leaches the better. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1