Mobile sawmill(er) required, central Scotland

Sunny

Hi All, I have a farm out near Airdrie and am having a handful of trees taken down over the next wee while, mainly Beech and of a fair size, I'd say up to around 1m diameter. I was wondering if anyone round about here has a mobile sawmill service, or any suggestions for anyone to try? Access is generally decent, other than under a low (11'3") railway bridge near the entrance.

9 minutes ago, Sunny said:

Hi All, I have a farm out near Airdrie and am having a handful of trees taken down over the next wee while, mainly Beech and of a fair size, I'd say up to around 1m diameter. I was wondering if anyone round about here has a mobile sawmill service, or any suggestions for anyone to try? Access is generally decent, other than under a low (11'3") railway bridge near the entrance.

Have a look in the sawmillers directory and all are members on here i think.

Sawmillers UK

9 minutes ago, Sunny said:

Hello,

punch in your location on the site below. Its affiliated with this one. You should find someone local to you who could assist. 

@Johnsond might be able to assist as well.

I have an Alaskan that could handle that size but its a fair hike from Forfar. :D 

SAWMILLERS.CO.UK

Sawmill finder for the UK market. Find a company in your area. A directory of static and mobile sawmill businesses offering...

1 minute ago, Sunny said:

Thanks both. I tried the sawmillers directory but nothing coming up in either mobile or chainsaw millers within the maximum distance (50 miles). 

Forfar just an hour and a half away, not too bad! :) 

Yeh, not to bad with the longer days here now. 

See how you get on but if you're struggling drop me a PM and we can sort something out. 

When are you planning on having them milled? 

Post some pics up when you get them dropped. :)

Was there not a lad agrimog? on here, u used to post, can't mind seeing him post for a while.

Was he not a sawmiller?

Wot are u wanting done with them??

If ur struggling I'm not that far away, moffat and meat all the way.

Was cutting on a job at Denny and carluke in the spring so not any further than m used too.

Edited by drinksloe

14 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Yeh, not to bad with the longer days here now. 

See how you get on but if you're struggling drop me a PM and we can sort something out. 

When are you planning on having them milled? 

Post some pics up when you get them dropped. :)

Okay thanks, will do. Not urgent but would ideally be looking to mill them (or even some if it's more than a day's worth or work) in a couple of weeks time or so.

Will get some photos and post them soon. A couple are ready to go already and more getting felled/cut at the end of this week.

• Like 1