Converting scissor to ram?

Paddy1000111

I'm wondering about pricing. I'll check the pressures first but I wonder if there's an easy way to fit an assister ram in line with the scissor to get it up maybe 1-2ft as it seems to only be that first bit when the ram is practically flat as it has to overcome the leverage. 

That being said, I had a good load in it yesterday and it was fine. Same stuff as I shifted the other day (leylandii) which is heavy anyway. Makes me wonder weather it is the pump or the valve and it hasn't been used in a long time before I bought it as it seems to be getting better 🤷🏼‍♂️

I want to get a bit cut off the bed and a tool box put in anyway. I think moving the load back 2-3ft and maybe getting a lighter "headboard" made might make a difference. The chipper blows the load right to the front and I think it's too much for the measly tipper!

The Iveco at work has a scissor and it's rubbish at getting the tip started. Will tip a legal load as said above but not if full.

To me it seems as if the forces are going through the mechanism, as soon as you get it half an inch up it is fine and goes up no problems. I have wondered about blocking it up with rubber so it doesn't come down as far but you know, works truck so SEP.

• Like 1

The thing with scissor ram is there are several joints . With a direct ram there are only 2 . The top and the bottom . . When everything is Harry John Spankers its ok . Once things get a bit  worn you start to get " lost motion " in all the joints . This does not help . Direct ram all day long in my book . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

Arb bodies with lids and the chippers ramming all the chip to height at the headboard end of the body cause most of the problems.

Bob

I think that is the issue. I don't have a lid, I have a soft top but the chip piles up at the headboard and then it's all over, even if I can see the bed the rest of the way. Maybe I'll try and tip with it up for a bit so it's more ballanced

22 minutes ago, Khriss said:

As per Spud, pressure gauge an fiddle that allen bolt, but seriously, all Trannies tip, i find  ( usually on bedside tablet the next day....)  K

I'll put clean oil in and flex her for a bit then fiddle with the pressure. I need a datasheet from ingimex or something. I know what the pump is but I have no idea what the ram can take!