Customers asking to pay cash to avoid VAT.

benedmonds

10 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

She told me her mouth was nowhere near full. "Like biting the nail of her little finger" was the way she described it. 

Ahhhhhh, what a woman.  I was so young, and she, so experienced.

Her comprehensive memory was only more impressive considering her extensive client list.

59 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

See now I know you are lying. My Mum hasn't been worth 80 quid for half hour for about 40 years. 

On a lighter note....

is it not strange that you appear offended by @Joe Newton using the word “mincer”, but you seem perfectly cool with me insulting you poor dear mother? *

(I unreservedly apologise to her on our behalf)

*asking for a friend.

Edited by Bolt

6 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Ahhhhhh, what a woman.  I was so young, and she, so experienced.

Her comprehensive memory was only more impressive considering her extensive client list.

Haha. How long do you think we should carry on with this before we discuss something at least vaguely related to VAT?

5 minutes ago, Bolt said:

On a lighter note....

is it not strange that you appear offended by @Joe Newton using the word “mincer”, but you seem perfectly cool with me insulting you poor dear mother? *

(I unreservedly apologise to her our behalf)

*asking for a friend.

I don't think it strange at all. This is a very different kind of conversation to the one in which I objected to Joe's post the other day. Casual homophobic remarks (or any discriminatory remarks) are worse ( in my opinion anyway), than a quick bit of banter in which everyone knows where they stand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retired Climber said:

I don't think it strange at all. This is a very different kind of conversation to the one in which I objected to Joe's post the other day. Casual homophobic remarks (or any discriminatory remarks) are worse ( in my opinion anyway), than a quick bit of banter in which everyone knows where they stand. 

Lucky for me that you don’t object to casual misogyny then.

Pass on my best wishes to your mother.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Retired Climber said:

Haha. How long do you think we should carry on with this before we discuss something at least vaguely related to VAT?

You bastards have RUINED a fascinating VAT thread with your frivolous, entirely unrelated, juvenile and puerile derail of a very serious matter. 

Damn your eyes!