What to do with IBC tote inserts?

Mr. Ed

The hats to keep the rain off are great.

Here are a couple of things I done with them. Some raised beds with a frame around the top and a catcher for when you are splitting logs. Also made a small duck pond. Sorry the pictures are rubbish but you get the idea

CIMG0124.jpg

CIMG0122.jpg

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 1

I’d pondered this when planning to buy a couple of dozen ibc. 

Roofs - top idea. 

Remander cut out the sides as squares, flat pack / stack and retain for smal ground / lawn protection pads for tracked chipper / multione. 

Maybe a nut/bolt/washer + short chain to connect each square to make a track. Still foldable/ stackable. 

Didn’t get so far as trying it as ibc purchase fell through. 

6 hours ago, Stubby said:

I think if you cut them on the diagonal ( from top corner to oppsite bottom corner ) you get 2x roofs and nothing left to dispose of .

Much better to use them for micro ponds on eco projects as I do .   K

Just now, Khriss said:

Much better to use them for micro ponds on eco projects as I do .   K

Its much better to use them for IBC crate liners as it involves no work but someone was asking about making roofs for the crates and I suggested what I did and Trig could not understand how you had no waste to dispose of .

• Haha 2

Also beware of what is in the "empty" containers.  They often have a little bit of something nasty in them, which is often three or four gallons.  I ended up with about a hundred and fifty gallons of bituminous paint which was far too thick and contaminated to be sellable, and I had no use for.  

And remember if you ever need to dispose of the plastic bit of an IBC container it is classed as hazardous waste!

6 hours ago, Welsh cleaning services said:

How about getting a large diameter hole saw and cutting holes all over the liner,then using it as another crate.Tip it out using a chain or sling through a couple of the holes

Have you by any chance recently moved from Scotland? :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2