Knotweed

Ty Korrigan

2 minutes ago, JaySmith said:

At one place I brought it from they asked for my PA1 and 6 tickets but not sure if that is still the case as I say it was a few years back now

Anybody can buy it on eBay and Amazon no questions asked. It amazes me just how many chemicals you can get on these sites.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peasgood said:

Anybody can buy it on eBay and Amazon no questions asked. It amazes me just how many chemicals you can get on these sites.

Yep, there's no doubt that Monsanto are global poisoners.... This doesn't really make our news with any impact, what a surprise !

I use this source but there are many others.

Bayer faced tens of thousands of claims linking the weedkiller to cases of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Some of the money is...

I buy Roundup 480 which seems to be the strongest.  Have gone over to injection although I did spray some in the Autumn which was to thin to inject.  Current good practice seems to be to inject in the autumn when the plant will take the weed killer down into the roots.  Also suggested not to disturb the roots for a time as even if it appears dead it can come back from the grave if disturbed.  Currently finding one session of injection seems to do the trick.  Have yet to be asked about a PA1 or 6 when buying.

Got big site to do, which will get knapsack sprayed after emergence, then nother dose in early autumn, repeat for 7 years. Inject any outlying plants. Abt a hectare. See how it goes. Recording  yr work important if Third Party claim arrives. K

Absolutely. It’s where I buy it, as up here in Scotland the retailers try to rip you off. X2 4.5 ltr containers from eBay for the price of one in Moray.
Although I’ve the tickets, I’ve never been asked for them on an internet purchase.

On 19/04/2021 at 19:12, Ty Korrigan said:

Hello,

In the U.K, are there any products available to the public which are effective on knotweed?

Stuart

Just walk away from a knotweed job, I’m sure it’s doable but do you want phone calls for years saying it’s back?

Just my 2c of course.

• Like 3

Round up 480 is the product. I order it online and have never been asked for my pa1 number. You do have to tick a box saying you are a professional. Amazon sends a lot of things internationally. I know you can buy band products on Amazon shipped in from Ireland. Stem injector is around 500 quid. At 1.5ml of neat product a stem you go through it. You can also fill stems at around 10 to 15% solution of roundup and water. Or just spray the lot with knapsack. 

3 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Just walk away from a knotweed job, I’m sure it’s doable but do you want phone calls for years saying it’s back?

Just my 2c of course.

THAT you make clear to customer, they pay fr that or .. 😉 K