Ash vaccum

On 15/04/2021 at 21:26, JT19 said:

Hi    

Do any of you guys use a  ash vaccum cleaner to clean your stoves? I'm thinking of getting one but not sure what one to get. 

Don't want a thing big really.

Thanks 

Josh 

If its a wood only burner ( no grate ) then you need a bed of ash to lay the fire on . I just shovel out some with a hand shovel that was supplied with the stove when it gets too high .

• Like 1

Got one of these for our 100kw biomass boiler and it's a awesome.

Went through a couple of generic cheap ash vacuums and bust up a couple of old Henry's before biting the bullet. It's a great tool. Still can't be used for hot ashes though. [emoji621]️

WWW.AVERNCLEANINGSUPPLIES.COM
Numatic HZ350 hazardous soot dust chimney sweeps vacuum cleaner is designed with excellent suction level to clear hazardous soot dust.

I’m tight. I, until recently, had three hoovers: a Henry I got from a skip, a Kärcher a friend gave me and an upright my mum gave me. None have ever worked well but I couldn’t bear to throw away anything that had even peripheral use. I one day decided I should suck the ash from the nooks and crannies of the wood burner so the air channels didn’t get blocked. The Henry was so anaemic that I changed over to the Kärcher, that was more effective but so loud I put on a saw helmet. It collected the ash very well and I was well pleased until I turned round to see it forcefully evacuating the collected ash over the entire room. A billowing cloud and thick coating shortly preceded my white hot rage. The hoovers met the bin and I’ve been happier ever since.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2