Red diesel

Baldbloke

18 hours ago, topchippyles said:

So why are there so many people who rely on food banks. Talking though your arse as usual andy pandy

You offer some people free food, they will take it. It's all about priority's. Its easy to decide a mobile phone, TV, car, carpets, etc, etc. Are essentials and then you can't make ends meet. In the past people payed for the real essentials first and only bought the other stuff if they had money left over.

The very way poverty is measured today is different from the past.

I watched a food bank in the US, they came in their cars and the bags of food were put in their boots, there were Lexus and other luxury cars, its crazy.

• Like 6

New Zealand do it quite sensibly. All diesel is taxed at a much lower rate, probably the equivalent of our red diesel, but users of diesel vehicles on the public roads then pay a "road user charge" to compensate for their cheaper fuel.

Therefore there is no market for, or benefit of, diesel laundering or any such sheenanigans as it's all sold at the reduced rate.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, porky said:

Ok back on topic... If you use Red Diesel from your large tank after Apr 2022 are you supposed to pay the difference to the Tax man?

The guidance says there will be no grace period, and all stocks must be used up and storage tanks cleaned prior to the switchover.

It's all bollocks, the same people (usually with Daddies tractor and Daddies diesel) will continue to haul chip and logs, plant and muck on public roads with tractors whilst claiming they are agricultural. When on site, they will continue to use red in their diggers.

It should have been all white, with a rebate for farmers based upon machine hours or something, with the same penalties on their SFP for falsifying diesel records as for other non compliance issues. Not this halfway house.

The cost of primary aggregates will shoot up, and everything associated with them. Which is probably what the government want.

Diesel theft from building sites will rocket also, now the fuel can be sold directly to end users down the pub.

I'm not sure what I will do. I don't use a lot, but if prices don't rise across the board for machine hire then I will keep running red. I've never had a road vehicle dipped, and I've always been straight as a die on that (own white tank). I can't see them having the manpower to dip diggers too.

Edited by doobin

WWW.THECONSTRUCTIONINDEX.CO.UK

Users of red diesel will not be allowed to use up old stock after the tax rebate expires on 1st April 2022, the Treasury...

And don't worry lads, the pikies can still use it. Special exemption for travelling funfairs 🙄

And golf clubs, cause there is no way you could expect an MP or wanker (SIC)  to pay extra for their weekend's jolly is there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"The government said this week that not only will those losing the rebate not be allowed to buy red diesel on or after 1st April 2022, they will not be able to use any. Storage tanks must be emptied and flushed out ahead of the deadline so that enforcement inspectors can clearly tell the difference between illegal red diesel and standard ‘white’ diesel."

This is the sort of idiotic nonsense consistently spawned by politicians/civil servants that really, really, boils my piss.

So what do you do with your red diesel that you are emptying from your tank on 31st March 2022.

Totally impractical idiotic bullshit, formulated by people who couldn't change a wheel on their car if they got a feckin puncture.

I thought leaving the EU was supposed to help get us away from this sort of crap.

• Like 4

Talked to a vosa man yesterday,stopped to dip landrover tank again! he said there is a right at the moment to enter sites to check tanks, if you are caught with the wrong fuel the machine will be impounded, quite how they will deal with a 20 tonne digger I don’t know,

Is really going to be as bad and as hard to get your hands on red diesel, i think people are reading to much in to this subject and when this happens things get twisted around and we all end up thinking more about it, then the problem just gets worst, its like asking for advise on some thing, as we get so many different answers OK some will be right, some will be not fare off the mark but then again some will be totally way off and you will just think WTF is he or she on about, one of the best statements i have read was a comment on a local FB page and some one replied to a comment with the answer , So Jane from FB who is a local Covid 19 expert and knows all about it when its only been in the UK for just less than 2 wk,

New Zealand do it quite sensibly. All diesel is taxed at a much lower rate, probably the equivalent of our red diesel, but users of diesel vehicles on the public roads then pay a "road user charge" to compensate for their cheaper fuel.

Therefore there is no market for, or benefit of, diesel laundering or any such sheenanigans as it's all sold at the reduced rate.

But that would be far too sensible and wouldn’t capture the pending massive tax grab from construction and quarrying having to use white more heavily taxed diesel after April 2022.....