import costs

Tippin Alaybye

13 minutes ago, Duncan. said:

I'm probably being pedantic but the UK is out of the EU not Europe. It might seem a trivial point to some but it is not. One is geographical the other political. Even my girlfriend who voted remain and works in clinical trials with EU countries gets wound up by this.

You’re very right! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

first of all, thank you to everyone who voted Leave.

bought a woodland mills sharpener, eventually arrived today from a slow boat from Sweden.

decided last week I had to get the tooth setter as well.

just had an email from UPS saying I have to pay import duty.

never did for the sharpener.

I got stung last month ordering a rifle scope from Finland, having to pay £200 import duty.

no mention of import costs on the woodland mills website.

anyone with knowledge or experience with this?

Your welcome. 

In regards the import duty I’d say luck of the draw. I made a large purchase from an EU based manufacturer but sorted it all out before the deadline. Admittedly delivery is late but the reason I get every time for that is Covid not Brexit. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Ha yeah import costs ,have you seen the Jumberjack mortice and tenon cutting bits very cool but cant get them over hear apart from on amazon in the US 140 dollas a set on amazon f###ing £720 what is going on thats just mad

You never said where in wales your looking at moving to mark ? Back to barry 

You never said where in wales your looking at moving to mark ? Back to barry 
Um somewhere up the Valleys out of the way but it would have to be the right place workshop /sheds and be able to live on site even if its a double decker bus would not be the first time, used to have a bright pink decker with a cafe/bar downstairs
  • Haha 1