18 year old single malt .

Stubby

What are peoples preferences and if possible explain what it is you like about them .  I am no  "cnosser 😁" but am quite partial to Aberlour  18 year old . Its from Speyside  so the water is peaty amongst lots of other flavors  . I can get it for £104 for a 50cl bottle ( Amazon and much cheaper than other places ) . I have heard Highland Park has good revues and is a similar price . It looks a paler whisky than the Aberlour .    

@trigger_andy has just commented on this kind of thing on a different thread.

I believe Big J knows his stuff as well, can’t tag him for some reason.

Like @Johnsond, I nearly killed myself with whisky when I was a young pup, and can just about tolerate it 3 decades later.

I’d quite like to rediscover some nice single malts to enjoy as a sipping drink.

Rather than drinking nearly 2 bottles of Grouse at a house party and falling asleep in a bath.

Which was quite handy because I spewed and pissed myself.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

@trigger_andy has just commented on this kind of thing on a different thread.

I believe Big J knows his stuff as well, can’t tag him for some reason.

Like @Johnsond, I nearly killed myself with whisky when I was a young pup, and can just about tolerate it 3 decades later.

I’d quite like to rediscover some nice single malts to enjoy as a sipping drink.

Rather than drinking nearly 2 bottles of Grouse at a house party and falling asleep in a bath.

Which was quite handy because I spewed and pissed myself.

Wow Mark . I'm a 2 glasses man rather than 2 bottles matey . Nice move with the bath though . Forward thinking is were its at 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

Wow Mark . I'm a 2 glasses man rather than 2 bottles matey . Nice move with the bath though . Forward thinking is were its at 👍

I'm surprised he was only sick and wetting his pants, last time I was with him he shat himself...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Stubby said:

What are peoples preferences and if possible explain what it is you like about them .  I am no  "cnosser 😁" but am quite partial to Aberlour  18 year old . Its from Speyside  so the water is peaty amongst lots of other flavors  . I can get it for £104 for a 50cl bottle ( Amazon and much cheaper than other places ) . I have heard Highland Park has good revues and is a similar price . It looks a paler whisky than the Aberlour .    

The 18 year old Highland Park is most likely my favourite whiskey I’ve ever tried, certainly the best 18 year old. It’s like a richer younger Highland Park offering much like a Slightly Smokey Christmas Pudding in its complexity. For a tough over £100 it’s a damn good buy and hits way above its weight. 

Although a surprisingly good “cheap” whiskey not often found in the shelves and was actually discontinued for years is the 15 year old Jonnie Walker Green Label. Yes it’s a blend, but when you’re blending in 15 year old Caol Ila and Talisker from the Islands and a couple from Speyside it has something for everyone. Well worth a try at under £40, I much prefer it to the Blue Label. 

Im yet to try this 15 year old Highland Park. It’s now valued at £600, so might be a while before there is an excuse to break it out. 🤣

171109023_152538713462939_8311084698728558197_n.jpg

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1