Do It Myself or Get Someone In and Cost?

Witterings

1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

Wouldn't be wasting time with a bore cut on that tree at all.

WHAT 30 seconds to do a bore cut or a day and expense replacing fence ? that tree has the potential to go wrong in more ways than one, there looks to be enough lean on it and enough weight up there for it to barber chair, so why not play it safe and do the correct cut for the situation ? then when it hits the deck given the amount of branches on it they have the potential to load up and force the whole tree back a couple of foot ? i have seen this happen many many times over the the years i have been doing it,  I would say if Mr Witterings is unsure just play it safe and pay some one to just drop the tree as it could be money wisely spent, then deal with it at your own pace, Threads like this allways cause more confusion than there was originally, as every one has there own ideas about things, Perfect example of this was about 4 weeks ago when i went to help a arb team out, Sycamore in a back garden, climbed and dissmantled down to a 8/9 ft stem about 24" diameter, it took 3 of them 25 mins and a lot of effort and bad language to get that stem down, but Mr smartarse i know every thing who dissmantled the tree would not take the addvise of the guy whos been doing it 40 years, so i just stood and held the rope and laughed to myself,

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

WHAT 30 seconds to do a bore cut or a day and expense replacing fence ? that tree has the potential to go wrong in more ways than one, there looks to be enough lean on it and enough weight up there for it to barber chair, so why not play it safe and do the correct cut for the situation ? then when it hits the deck given the amount of branches on it they have the potential to load up and force the whole tree back a couple of foot ? i have seen this happen many many times over the the years i have been doing it,  I would say if Mr Witterings is unsure just play it safe and pay some one to just drop the tree as it could be money wisely spent, then deal with it at your own pace, Threads like this allways cause more confusion than there was originally, as every one has there own ideas about things, Perfect example of this was about 4 weeks ago when i went to help a arb team out, Sycamore in a back garden, climbed and dissmantled down to a 8/9 ft stem about 24" diameter, it took 3 of them 25 mins and a lot of effort and bad language to get that stem down, but Mr smartarse i know every thing who dissmantled the tree would not take the addvise of the guy whos been doing it 40 years, so i just stood and held the rope and laughed to myself,

In all this discussion i have milled 2 trunks into 8x2 lengths but keep popping in the workshop wondering about mr witterings dog. Excuse for a nice hot brew and a quick look on the laptop ☺️

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

In all this discussion i have milled 2 trunks into 8x2 lengths but keep popping in the workshop wondering about mr witterings dog. Excuse for a nice hot brew and a quick look on the laptop ☺️

You got to keep that kettle warm and the tea flowing 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Anyone struggling to knock that tree over with a conventional felling cut wants to hang up their saw trousers. 

1 hour ago, Witterings said:

Trees gone 🙂 ..... Wasn't happy about doing it myself, and smeone this morning and they finished a job early and have taken it down.

Good choice. Why sweat it when Smeone can do the business, he got a website 😉 but yea the little voice in yr head. K

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Witterings said:

Trees gone 🙂 ..... Wasn't happy about doing it myself, and smeone this morning and they finished a job early and have taken it down.

Yea but now you have seen him do it ......🙂