Poulan Chainsaw Parts

jcfaeecht

OP I really dont think that 137 will be close.

But I had a redneck idea for ya.   Using to shorter muffler bolts. Match up thread type on bolt left.

Make you a cover with front exit added or leave closed.  That fits inside that inner ridge. 

Different series of poulan  but same idea.   @jcfaeecht

pdpcover.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cut4fun said:

But I had a redneck idea for ya.   Using to shorter muffler bolts. Match up thread type on bolt left.

Make you a cover with front exit added or leave closed.  That fits inside that inner ridge. 

pdpcover.jpg

Thanks for posting, that could well be the back up plan. The exhaust I have ordered was only £7.90 incl postage so no big deal if I can’t make it fit.

• 3 weeks later...

Well that’s the old girl back in business. The exhaust I ordered was slightly different but a bit of filing and drilling worked. Also fixing bolts were metric and different length to originals so welded up UNC to metric studs. Will do the job.

A wee bit of history of the saw, I was working in the Gulf of Mexico in 2001 on a construction vessel in the oil industry, just after 911 when I first spotted this saw which was new and used for cutting up the wooden deck timbers so we could install equipment on the back deck and weld down. Thought it was a well made saw.

In 2004 I was back on the same vessel in Aberdeen mobilising equipment to go working West of Shetland. The new Offshore Manager went mental when he saw it and said to get rid of it for Health and safety reasons! The saw was removed from the vessel but wasn’t chucked in the skip......

13B0A981-8488-4EE3-A361-F49466764DE8.jpeg

2CD0CDD6-F8A3-49AE-A103-1EFE82426848.jpeg

99A43456-06E5-437C-BCDF-EEBB9311E879.jpeg

0AD7E98A-FAA5-4585-9EC6-71C3F089E203.jpeg

Edited by jcfaeecht
  • Like 4

Cool that it worked.  😎

Logged that in the brain for others.

I just sold these 4 front exit cover to a guy as they are harder to find then rear exit ones. Fronts seem to be about 1 to every 10 rear ones.

Neat thing is take the front with the rear exit ones to make dual ports.

3 for 15 apiece and the one needing welding 5.

pmuff.jpg

p3450dp.jpg

p3450ttttt.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 13/04/2021 at 16:40, Cut4fun said:

pdpcover.jpg

Thanks for this cool detailed post.