Sawdust

Ben scott

19 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Sawdust is sawdust 🤣That is why its called dust. What a dumb question.

Nice edit, and no sawdust can be chippings from a chainsaw or more fine like you get from a Bandsaw. Both are commonly referred to as sawdust. 

Stop trying to be smart Leslie, it really does not suit you. 

51 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

That’s mad!

Is it chip-like sawdust or the powdery sawdust you get on Bandsaws?

Does he pay that much for the Sawdust?

The load that got tipped in the building on friday is quite rough with chunks of bark in it and some big splinters like 4" long, the dust side of it i would say is about half way between chainsaw and bandsaw dust so quit rough really,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spuddog0507 said:

The load that got tipped in the building on friday is quite rough with chunks of bark in it and some big splinters like 4" long, the dust side of it i would say is about half way between chainsaw and bandsaw dust so quit rough really,

Cheers. :)

I wonder if I bagged it up and put it for sale at the roadside folk would buy it? Honesty box type thing? Worse comes to the worst they steal it and save me having to dispose of it. :D 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Nice edit, and no sawdust can be chippings from a chainsaw or more fine like you get from a Bandsaw. Both are commonly referred to as sawdust. 

Stop trying to be smart Leslie, it really does not suit you. 

I am smart so no need to stop trying ☺️Get selling your sawdust or what ever you want to call it trigger.

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Cheers. :)

I wonder if I bagged it up and put it for sale at the roadside folk would buy it? Honesty box type thing? Worse comes to the worst they steal it and save me having to dispose of it. :D 

The load he got Friday was £2040 and the straw about 7 days before was £2700 and a bit but i cant remember the exact figure,, i am sure you would get a couple of quid a bag for it at road side as there will be some one looking for it and it worst comes to the worst and it gets nicked and its gone happy days, 

a mate of mine works for a bus company and in the yard they have some tanks that where once used for diesel but thats all under ground now, the old tanks are used for putting used transmission oil, contamanated diesel and it was all so used for heating oil for the work shop but not now, they have had some of the traveling folk coming in to the yard with a van with 2 ibc.s in the back and they have been filling them up, this has been going on for about 10 month now, and last time they came they emptied the big tank, so the bus co filled it about half full with water and put a dye in it so it looked like diesel, next time they came the Police attended and they caught them and all the CCTV footage was shown to them, hence there is now a court hearing coming up, but the bus co got all there waste taken away for nothing and are now looking at claiming the cost back for something like 16000 ltrs of diesel, so to say the manager is buzzing is a understatement as it usally costs about 4.5k to get the tank emptied legally ,,,

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spuddog0507 said:

The load he got Friday was £2040 and the straw about 7 days before was £2700 and a bit but i cant remember the exact figure,, i am sure you would get a couple of quid a bag for it at road side as there will be some one looking for it and it worst comes to the worst and it gets nicked and its gone happy days, 

a mate of mine works for a bus company and in the yard they have some tanks that where once used for diesel but thats all under ground now, the old tanks are used for putting used transmission oil, contamanated diesel and it was all so used for heating oil for the work shop but not now, they have had some of the traveling folk coming in to the yard with a van with 2 ibc.s in the back and they have been filling them up, this has been going on for about 10 month now, and last time they came they emptied the big tank, so the bus co filled it about half full with water and put a dye in it so it looked like diesel, next time they came the Police attended and they caught them and all the CCTV footage was shown to them, hence there is now a court hearing coming up, but the bus co got all there waste taken away for nothing and are now looking at claiming the cost back for something like 16000 ltrs of diesel, so to say the manager is buzzing is a understatement as it usally costs about 4.5k to get the tank emptied legally ,,,

Thats amazing! £2000 for what many would consider a worthless by-product.

The Pikeys will get off Scot-free no doubt. Arresting them is racist. :P 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Thats amazing! £2000 for what many would consider a worthless by-product.

The Pikeys will get off Scot-free no doubt. Arresting them is racist. :P 

Probably !!! Sawdust is much sought after at present and someone said recently Jenkinsons where nearly £150 a tonne on sawdust,,,

• Like 1