Anyone interested in removing this oak?

LK12

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

Just to chip in and say Steve did my website, and I’m very happy with it. Click the link below should you feel the need to cast your eye over it.

If it's the https://lowimpactforestry.ltd/ site, it wouldn't be fair for me to give an opinion. Running a couple of quick tests it would seem as though it was made a long time ago when some of the stuff that we know is critical today, wasn't so important (or its importance wasn't as well known). Many of it's basic problems are things that will soon have a much more detrimental effect though, so it may be time to think about a rebuild sooner rather than later. 

Equally, from a content perspective, businesses pay me many thousands of pounds just for my opinion. It wouldn't be fair for me to judge a site you've paid a few hundred quid for, based on my standards. 

Anyway, my real interest (call it professional nosiness) was Mark's site that's currently being built as its brand new and will be built based on more modern best practices. 

• Confused 1

Thats an odd perspective Retired Climber,  Mike's site is very good. Obvs the likes of Ebay pay and get produced, up to the minute site design but look at our audience here - a wide spread of the Public who may not give a toss about anything  other than what they want fr their tree.  K

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Thats an odd perspective Retired Climber,  Mike's site is very good. Obvs the likes of Ebay pay and get produced, up to the minute site design but look at our audience here - a wide spread of the Public who may not give a toss about anything  other than what they want fr their tree.  K

It's very little to do with design; design is of very little importance for a site like that. 

I'm not going to go into details as it's very easy to sit here and criticise work that was probably done a long time ago for not a lot of money. If it generates the required amount of work, it's doing its job. With websites though, the build is only one stage; you can't just let it sit there. 

2 hours ago, Retired Climber said:

It's very little to do with design; design is of very little importance for a site like that. 

I'm not going to go into details as it's very easy to sit here and criticise work that was probably done a long time ago for not a lot of money. If it generates the required amount of work, it's doing its job. With websites though, the build is only one stage; you can't just let it sit there. 

The guy who does those websites runs and owns this forum and all the main uk suppliers in the arb industry choose to advertise on here. Are you that scottish cleaning idiot under another alias ? 

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

The guy who does those websites runs and owns this forum and all the main uk suppliers in the arb industry choose to advertise on here. Are you that scottish cleaning idiot under another alias ? 

How is any if that relevant to the conversation? No, I'm not Scottish, a cleaner or an idiot. 

1 hour ago, Retired Climber said:

How is any if that relevant to the conversation? No, I'm not Scottish, a cleaner or an idiot. 

I just find it very magnanimous of you that businesses pay you thousands for your opinion, and yet here you are giving them away for free to people that haven't even asked for them!

Good for you. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7