Anyone interested in removing this oak?

LK12

5 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I think you confuse the website of a company with the company itself.

I know of a couple of small lucrative tree companies that have no website or a very simple one at best.

Its not all about SEOs or engagement or hits. It’s about equipment and expertise.

Websites are just a tool to get you in front of the client (if it’s a new client) or for your existing clients to get in touch with you.

I'm not confused; quite the opposite in fact. Whilst I completely agree that a company with a decent marketing strategy may not even need a website, some of the very common mistakes made on such sites simply wouldn't happen if the owners were business / marketing minded. 

• Like 1

Just now, Retired Climber said:

I'm not confused; quite the opposite in fact. Whilst I completely agree that a company with a decent marketing strategy may not even need a website, some of the very common mistakes made on such sites simply wouldn't happen if the owners were business / marketing minded. 

What if they’re busy with well paid work? Why would they care about marketing strategy what someone in marketing thinks?

The truth of success is in between Mick.

Some companies local to me are successful simply because their web presence is good.

Their tree work is awful.

Steve is redesigning my website as we speak because it’s so dated.

I get by on word of mouth now, but missing creamy local jobs because of my lack of web presence annoys me.

Incomers to the village want that shitty fir gone that old Maud who used to live there loved.

1 week in and a company from Maidstone rinse it in a day for £1100 with two blokes.

Because their Google presence is good.

I’d be mad to not want some of that action!

Unfortunately some of my best customers prices are tricky to nudge upwards.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

What if they’re busy with well paid work? Why would they care about marketing strategy what someone in marketing thinks?

I'm not saying they should care, I'm simply saying that there are tell tale signs that a company is run by someone who is a better arb than business person. 

Define success?

The companies that make most money aren’t run by arbs.

The best arbs I know, genuinely, usually have next to nothing.

I’m just aiming for some middle ground!

I’m not a hippy, but for me being happy means you’re successful.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

I'm not saying they should care, I'm simply saying that there are tell tale signs that a company is run by someone who is a better arb than business person. 

You assume too much. 

4 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

The truth of success is in between Mick.

Some companies local to me are successful simply because their web presence is good.

Their tree work is awful.

Steve is redesigning my website as we speak because it’s so dated.

I get by on word of mouth now, but missing creamy local jobs because of my lack of web presence annoys me.

Incomers to the village want that shitty fir gone that old Maud who used to live there loved.

1 week in and a company from Maidstone rinse it in a day for £1100 with two blokes.

Because their Google presence is good.

I’d be mad to not want some of that action!

Unfortunately some of my best customers prices are tricky to nudge upwards.

Go on then Mark, throw your money at the new Gods of business, the masters of the dark arts of the net, I get them on the phone 5 times a day trying to tell me about it.

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

You assume too much. 

Go on then Mark, throw your money at the new Gods of business, the masters of the dark arts of the net, I get them on the phone 5 times a day trying to tell me about it.

No I don't, I'm not even basing my comment on an assumption. Let's just agree to disagree as I can't see us getting anywhere useful with this. 

Edit. 

Just to add, you won't get anyone capable of doing your business any good trying to sell you such a service. Building websites for small businesses isn't really financially viable for anyone good enough to do it well. They certainly won't be bothering you on the phone trying to sell you their services. 

Edited by Retired Climber
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

You assume too much. 

You’re forgetting my USP Mick, I speak Hindii and Urdu.