Anyone interested in removing this oak?

LK12

7 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Trigger has gay tendencies and he likes to express his self though his postings as you have seen.Must be spending time alone with all those guys on the rigs brings out his true self.

Now now Leslie, you're starting to sound a little homophobic and you've verging on sexual harassment. Surely in this day and age its acceptable for a man to open up about his sexuality without a Neanderthal berating him for that on an open forum? People have had chaps on the door from the Bobbies for less. Would not want that now would we. ;)

• Haha 1

I think the lesson from this thread is, we all cock up, we all under price from time to time, if the punter gets enough people to quote, they will get an under bid, where someone has cocked up. £1050, for a 4 man team is cheap, IMO. And I'm in the north.

What surprises me is someone under biding just now, I've never been busier and am probably quoting higher, just know, than I ever have.

• Like 5

On 09/04/2021 at 00:12, LK12 said:

I had originally come here to try and identify which oak tree it was, only in the last few days it was decided it was going to be cut down.

In any industry it should be fine to question a quote you get. I don't see questioning why something costs £2000 for one days work is such a surprise to anyone.

Why does a knee replacement cost £15k. It’s only a few hours work......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

Why does a knee replacement cost £15k. It’s only a few hours work......

Are you comparing the skill of a surgeon who can make lifechanging changes to someones body and quality of life to a group of guys that chop down trees?

Surely you wouldn't be so thick and low IQ... but nothing surprises me

Edited by LK12
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, LK12 said:

Are you comparing the skill of a surgeon who can make lifechanging changes to someones body and quality of life to a group of guys that chop down trees?

You planning to stick around for long?

• Haha 2

“There is an old story of a boilermaker who was hired to fix a huge steamship boiler system that was not working well.

After listening to the engineer’s description of the problems and asking a few questions, he went to the boiler room. He looked at the maze of twisting pipes, listened to the thump of the boiler and the hiss of the escaping steam for a few minutes, and felt some pipes with his hands. Then he hummed softly to himself, reached into his overalls and took out a small hammer, and tapped a bright red valve one time. Immediately, the entire system began working perfectly, and the boilermaker went home.

When the steamship owner received a bill for one thousand dollars, he became outraged and complained that the boilermaker had only been in the engine room for fifteen minutes and requested an itemized bill. So the boilermaker sent him a bill that reads as follows:
For tapping the valve: $.50
For knowing where to tap: $999.50
TOTAL: $1,000.00”

At the end of the day, education will most likely help you to find-a-job, while education combined with {insight x creativity} will enable you to define your future.

Point-to-remember: Lots of folks can & do “tap the valve” – very few know precisely where to tap & why. Be that tapper.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LK12 said:

Well that was easy😂 it’s all about perceived value isn’t it? You have proved you don’t value a tree companies time..................

• Like 1