Anyone interested in removing this oak?

LK12

4 hours ago, LK12 said:

Very hostile

Just an update for you guys, I had another quote today which was £700 for just the tree cut down and then another £350 for stump removal.

From a local company that covers the Greater London area.

There you go . Get it done bud .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chipperclown said:

Sorry did I say nope I meant to say of course and please do name your price. so please call me on 0zzzzzzzzzz. If the answer phone comes on please leave a mezzzzz!

At least you'd only have to suffer it for a day, imagine the poor brickies, joiners, plumbers, sparks, plasterers, not to forget the scamming roofers building the extension... those poor b@stards will be there for weeks on end.

Or maybe they won't.

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, LK12 said:

but I highly doubt you could look a customer in the face and tell them you are charging them 2k for one days work and if you do then I'd align you with the roofer types that go around scamming pensioners.

I can do it everyday, and sleep well. 

I talk myself out of a lot of work by being honest and always have the clients best interests at heart. Every quote I give to the elderly I tell them to get 2 more from Arb approved companies.

Ethics and price are two separate issues. Just because 70% of clients can't afford us doesn't mean I'm ripping them off like the gypsy roofers you refer to. 

What they do is misleading and fraudulent. I would never pressure anyone into a decision and only offer written quotations and a 14 day cooling off period (a waiver can be signed for urgent works). 

I can only assume you went for the cheapest price in the end anyway 😂

Will the job get done for that price? Probably. Will they grind it out properly? Maybe. 

The clients the companies in this thread manage to earn 2k or other high daily rates from aren't looking for the cheapest, they're looking for the best. 

If price was the only factor I'd be out of a job

• Like 12

57 minutes ago, Clutchy said:

The clients the companies in this thread manage to earn 2k or other high daily rates from aren't looking for the cheapest, they're looking for the best. 

This is the thing, in an affluent area with a client that has chosen to have the work done and wants the best service then they'll pay. I know that I've worked for tree guys that charge top prices but they are giving a top service.

In this case though, the OP has a half butchered eyesore that belongs to someone else and they just need it gone to get on with their project. They don't need the best guy at top price, someone competent and insured will do fine.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Stihl123 said:

The real question everyone wants to know is did u go with the cheapest guy 

I think the real real question is 

Did they turn up on time?

Did they break anything? 

Were they professional? 

Did they clean up well? 

If all of the above is good then the OP has done well and can't be faulted IMO 

Thanks for the update.

Oh one more question... did you have to pay cash? 

Edited by Clutchy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1