Anyone interested in removing this oak?

LK12

7 hours ago, LK12 said:

I had originally come here to try and identify which oak tree it was, only in the last few days it was decided it was going to be cut down.

In any industry it should be fine to question a quote you get. I don't see questioning why something costs £2000 for one days work is such a surprise to anyone.

Out of interest, what do you do for a living and how much do you earn per year? Maybe we can all decide if we think you are worth your salary. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LK12 said:

I had originally come here to try and identify which oak tree it was, only in the last few days it was decided it was going to be cut down.

In any industry it should be fine to question a quote you get. I don't see questioning why something costs £2000 for one days work is such a surprise to anyone.

Quite right to question! also important to listen :) 

remember the 2k quote, was priced from one picture, with very little knowledge of the extraction or grinding possibilities. Better to cover your arse than bust your balls working at a loss. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Clutchy said:

In the interests of me gaining some knowledge from this thread as its not often you get a responsive customer on here I have a question.

Price aside, what did you like about certain quotes and what didn't you like? Such as quote 2 turned up on time or quote 3 had a clean van, well spoken etc

Thanks 

I'm interested in the answer to this too? What made you choose who you chose? 

11 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Just wondering when you would pop up and bingo 🤣 Now this thread will get interesting.We will have all the drainage laid in no time.

The drainage is usually the problem in the sites I have had to assess in London, found a drain cover inside a conservatory once  :( K

9 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Now to me, the ‘old Church’ brings back good memories of the venue down behind Kings Cross on a Sunday afternoon - if you know it, you know it!

...ahhh the blue lights , the paramedics  *sigh*  K

• Haha 1

Just a complete offshoot for the pricing here... took the car for a few jobs, service, MOT and so on, 1 mechanic and a bill of about £600 including parts. I reckon the job took half a day at the most. So multiply that by 2 for a full days work, and by 3 for 3 guys working on a job, less few of hundred for parts, 300 x 2 x 3, or about £2000, 3 workers for a full day, in a dry garage, all kit to hand, no heavy lifting. Have to cover all the overheads with that and we are all happy to pay that sort of rate,

Myself, in my nice warm office, the company charges about £60 an hour for my time, including all overheads, about £1350 a day for 3 people to do my job, but no expensive kit

£2k for a team of 3 to take out a tree that might take a day and based on a photo - stump grinding, clear the site and so on, doesn't sound so bad.

Now this post... just cost my company about £15 for my time to write it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, LK12 said:

What has that got to do with anything? why should you over pay for something just because of that

the logic of some of you guys is amazing

Smart arse, did you miss where I said I'd try to get the best price for the job?

Do you think your extension is going to come in on budget?, if you do you are in for a rude awakening.

Now back to the tree, you've been quoted £1250+VAT=£1500 from someone who's seen the job. In my mind 2 grand wasn't far off considering people have got one crappy picture that doesn't show all the tree to work off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Smart arse, did you miss where I said I'd try to get the best price for the job?

Do you think your extension is going to come in on budget?, if you do you are in for a rude awakening.

Now back to the tree, you've been quoted £1250+VAT=£1500 from someone who's seen the job. In my mind 2 grand wasn't far off considering people have got one crappy picture that doesn't show all the tree to work off.

Let him have it eggs boy 💪

• Haha 1

Very hostile

Just an update for you guys, I had another quote today which was £700 for just the tree cut down and then another £350 for stump removal.

From a local company that covers the Greater London area.

• Like 2