It once was a tree - help required please

Whilst undertaking many house refurbishments and improvements, many an old floor board has been removed and are currently being stored in my garage.  I'm hoping someone on here will be able to identify the wood type from a few pictures and the limited info I can give.

The boards were likely to have been from the early 1930s.  Our house burnt to the ground in Jan 1930 and was rebuilt shortly after and all existing floorboards would have burned in the fire (there was not much left save for a couple of chimneys!!).

Even now, when cut, the boards have a real strong smell, not unpleasant, quite fragrant in fact.  They appear much darker than they truly would be, but that's just 90 odd years of dirt, grime and possibly polish etc.  They were covered by carpet, so not exposed, when we bought the house.

Pictures are just a very small selection but hopefully show enough grain etc for identification.  I have higher res if needed.

IMG_20210330_101019.jpg

IMG_20210330_101030.jpg

IMG_20210330_101041.jpg

IMG_20210330_101118.jpg

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Why does it matter? Just curiosity?

Eventually (once I've removed several other floor boards where I'm doing other work) they will get sold off.  All floors where they are will be carpeted so they won't be seen.  They need to come up to do plumbing and rewiring etc.

5 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Look like pitch pine phil but not sure what your looking to do unless restore them 

They don't smell 'pine' when cut - not really sure how I'd describe the smell.  I'm not looking to restore, just want to be able to accurately describe them when I come to offer them for sale.

• 10 months later...