Spider jack vs zigzag

Mikael

4 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Have used both extensively. If you were new to both I’d have recommended the zigzag as it’s super easy to use whereas the spider jack  has a bit of an all or nothing feel to it which takes time to master. Having used both I still prefer the zigzag though 

That’s funny, I used the spiderjack for years then tried the zig zag. Thought the zz was really on/off and jerky. 
I don’t use either nowadays, but the spiderjack is a better built, more predictable piece of kit in my opinion. You can also replace every part of it.

• 4 months later...
On 03/04/2021 at 19:23, Mr. Squirrel said:

That’s funny, I used the spiderjack for years then tried the zig zag. Thought the zz was really on/off and jerky. 
I don’t use either nowadays, but the spiderjack is a better built, more predictable piece of kit in my opinion. You can also replace every part of it.

What have you moved onto since? I found that with the zig zag, especially if its raining and everything's gunked up, proper jerky. 

I’ve got a practically new spider jack 3 in the barn. Climbed on it about 4/5 times. Still got the box and conformity note.
Couldn’t stand it. Put the zigzag back on
Sensible offer if anyone wants it. If not it’ll probs stay in the barn til I try it again in a year or so to remind myself I hate it [emoji23]

Zig zag for me. Two work really well for single hand control of two lines when needed, much better than any other combination I've tried. I tend to want two hands on lockjack for steady control and find spiderjack a bit bulky though the same could be said about the new zig zag.

• 1 year later...